Yuku has Landed!

Author Comment

Admin

Not something I am a frequent user of and haven't noticed. Interesting though! Image I'm sure it will come right in the end.

andrew wrote:That's very strange. I was able to reproduce it. The link works fine from a page there but not from here.

Try this: http://help.yuku.com/access/unauthenticated?return_to=http%3A%2F%2Fhelp.yuku.com%2Frequests

Then click "(Help! I don't know what to enter here!)".
So in other words, I have to get a new password?  BTW, I haven't heard from anyone yet after having submitted that ticket last night. 

Admin

ryld, is your login working? No. The login requires an email address and password. That is only two items that can be wrong. The chances are that you did enter your email address correctly, so that leaves the option open for something like a typo in the password. However, I am also considering that in spite of what you say, you may not actually have registered with the new helpdesk. In that case, if you follow that link, you will be told that your email address is not on the system. If you do not get that message, then your password was the issue all along.

Haven't had many problems any how, so waiting is fine with me.

Admin

Status Update

The following issues have been fixed:

- Notifications are being sent again
- Search is indexing and running on all servers
- Mobile app login : Fixed
- Spellcheck : Fixed
- Intermittent white pages: Fixed
- Blog posts disappeared: Fixed
- Albums disappeared: Fixed for most accounts, we have a few accounts remaining that need a fix.
- Unable to switch profiles: Fixed
- Unable to edit About Me section in some profiles: Fixed
- Unable to create new albums (unconverted profiles: Fixed
- Unable to reply to private messages (unconverted profiles: Fixed

Remaining issues currently being worked on:

- Unable to adjust time settings. (see more information below)
- Chat is down. We expect to have chat back up next week. If you have a scheduled chat before then, please submit a ticket at http://help.yuku.com our staff will be happy to help you set up a temporary chat.
- Ezboard icons missing
- Comment option is missing from What I've Been Up To section
- See More option is missing from What I've Been Up To section
- Unable to start a new blog post

Should you experience any issues that are not on this list, please feel free to submit a ticket at our help desk. Taking the time to report it helps us all to get the issues sorted in a timely manner.

A note on time settings:

We switched time across the network from PST to the more standard Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), or GMT.
This means that your members in last 24 hours —as well as your stats in the board statistics section of the control panel—will reset at midnight UTC, which is 8 hours earlier than you are used to. We have received a number of questions about this. Please note that this is not a bug.

ryld wrote:
andrew wrote:That's very strange. I was able to reproduce it. The link works fine from a page there but not from here.

Try this: http://help.yuku.com/access/unauthenticated?return_to=http%3A%2F%2Fhelp.yuku.com%2Frequests

So in other words, I have to get a new password?  BTW, I haven't heard from anyone yet after having submitted that ticket last night. 

Just in case you didn't realize this but your password for the help desk is not automatically the same as your yuku password.  You have to register seperately for the help desk.

auntiem wrote:
ryld wrote:

Just in case you didn't realize this but your password for the help desk is not automatically the same as your yuku password.  You have to register seperately for the help desk.
I wish we could just send in a ticket using our screen and e-mail cause I forget my log in 

My broken profile page is not fixed. And thanks, Auntiem. That's also what I gathered with Andrew's previous info.

Admin

Ryld, I would not have expected your profile to be fixed but I would have expected you to have a reply to your ticket by now. In fact, you should have received acknowledgement of receipt automatically. The email comes from noreply [at] yuku.com

andrew wrote:Ryld, I would not have expected your profile to be fixed but I would have expected you to have a reply to your ticket by now. In fact, you should have received acknowledgement of receipt automatically. The email comes from noreply [at] yuku.com
Neither at this time nor the last time I tried when we discussed my previous problem, did I get a receipt.  I suspect that it has to do with my not having a password for the help desk.  To tell you the truth, I no longer care.  If I really need their help later, I'll sign up for a password then.  Right now I can live with my broken profile page. 

Admin

Ryld, I reported it for you. Good luck!

andrew wrote:Ryld, I reported it for you. Good luck!

Andrew, you are a gem!  Thanks! 

Admin

I cannot get involved with it but it is easier for me to let them know the story and let them hopefully pick it up.

I understand. And thanks again. And I'm positive you explained it far better than I ever could. Image

andrew wrote:
A note on time settings:

We switched time across the network from PST to the more standard Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), or GMT.
This means that your members in last 24 hours —as well as your stats in the board statistics section of the control panel—will reset at midnight UTC, which is 8 hours earlier than you are used to. We have received a number of questions about this. Please note that this is not a bug.
Could someone explain this to me in English?

I am in the Southern part of the United States and now I am going to be on Europe's time when visiting Yuku?

Thanks in advance.

Hugs, Shoebutton

(My time zone for this community is correct)

Just testing the timestamp. Image

Edit ... it works. Image

Shoebutton, as long as you have the correct time set in your profile, it won't make any difference.  When it will make a difference is if you're logged out.  Then, isntead of seeing the times set at PST, you'll see them as GMT time.  So, it you are in the central time zone, the time, when logged out, will show as 6 hours ahead of you.   Eastern time zone, it will be 5 hours.

Okay ... well it's not as correct as I thought it was.  Only the time actually showing in the post is correct.

Admin

I think it is safe to say that times are messed up and it is known about, therefore should be fixed quite promptly.

Yuku was originally written to sit on PST servers and the base time used was always PST. Very wisely, the base time was changed after the move to GMT. However, what we see are just remnants of parts that have not been adjusted.

Very oddly, I am seeing GMT all over this board, which is set to PST. (GMT-8) Additionally, I am not overriding board time in my profile either.

Others see correct timestamps against the posts and yet GMT on forum or directory views.

To me, it is no big deal but to others I can see how it could be. I'm just used to working in a different way, which is chronological.

If I might just add on an individual note shoebutton, your board uses the same image for both read and unread, which makes it very difficult to tell when a new post has been made other than just by time or order. You are a PSPer. Why not make a muted version of your unread image and use that for the read one? It'll give you near enough the same look but more functionality.

auntiem wrote:Okay ... well it's not as correct as I thought it was.  Only the time actually showing in the post is correct.
The times in my community in the posts aren't correct.  I guess I'll keep playing with it because we do have challenges that involve the "time zones"...

Thanks for your reply..  Hugs, Shoebutton

andrew wrote:If I might just add on an individual note shoebutton, your board uses the same image for both read and unread, which makes it very difficult to tell when a new post has been made other than just by time or order. You are a PSPer. Why not make a muted version of your unread image and use that for the read one? It'll give you near enough the same look but more functionality.
You mentioned this to me quite sometime ago and the active forums have been changed up.  I see that the entrance page has the same, so thanks for that heads up

Hugs, Shoebutton