How good a tester forum is!

Author Comment

I've had a most interesting weekend. One of my close friends made a tester forum on yuku, clamped it private and there we learnt the inner machinery of Admin, only without making a complete and utter hedgehog of our family's established board. The tester forum enabled me to start from complete scratch. I didn't know a sausage except how to move topics around or ban the occasional idiot, and have to say that the tester forum did have me learning from the deep end! 

I can't recommend making a tester forum enough. Learning the hard way, that's me. I never was a great academic achiever at college. But I tell you what, I came away feeling absolutely great I'd learnt something really worthwhile! Image

Jenni

I wholeheartedly support you on this. The tester forum proved invaluable. Image

That's how I started when I first came to Yuku and I still keep a test forum handy for times when I want to try things out without messing up my regular board.

laffinalltheway wrote:That's how I started when I first came to Yuku and I still keep a test forum handy for times when I want to try things out without messing up my regular board.

That is what I also intend, though thank you for the encouragement. Image

I don't know what I would do without my tester forum. It would be aggravating to my members on my active group if things were tried there instead...lol. Tester board is the best way to learn and to do it right before doing it for real on your active board. It is wonderful we can have a tester board. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time in practice Jenni. Too many people ask others to do it for them instead of learning.

pearlssanctuary wrote:I don't know what I would do without my tester forum. It would be aggravating to my members on my active group if things were tried there instead...lol. Tester board is the best way to learn and to do it right before doing it for real on your active board. It is wonderful we can have a tester board. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time in practice Jenni. Too many people ask others to do it for them instead of learning.
My late father was an engineer and liked tinkering with things; I inherited his way. Building things (I am a carpenter) is what I love, learning because I am a doer, not a sitter-byer. Pearl, I have had enormous fun on my tester. Indeed you are right, it saves aggravating one's members but they get to benefit in the end. Image

I have one too. Don't use it as much as I used to but still go there periodically.