New automatic video ads on Yuku?

Author Comment

I did a quick search and couldn't find this topic elsewhere ~ but if it's posted in the wrong place, please feel free to move it ~

I went into a Yuku group this morning [first time in several days] and a video ad started playing automatically ~ it immediately renewed my anger when Yuku started making "text ads" of their own choice in posts/threads ~ is this a new "improvement"? ~ :\

Sooz

Admin

I believe ads have been auto-playing for a while now.

This is a killer concept. Many find these very annoying, including me and will simply choose to block them with FlashBlock or Adblock Plus. I keep intending to install FlashBlock to my main browser simply because I do not want to click a link and find an auto-playing video. This includes various reputable news sites, among others. I want to choose whether to play a video or not.

There are people with bandwidth restrictions out there as well as those still necessarily on dial-up and the choice left to these people is either never to visit or block these ads. If the ads did not auto-play there is a chance these people may still view them.

For your holiday season security, you may wish to look at Adblock Plus for IE.

Thank you Andrew, this worked great for me.
Adblock Plus for IE.
Not only in yuku but in photo bucket too.Image

Admin

You're welcome. :)

I should point out that if you are not a "yuku supporter" use of an ad blocker is against the Crowdgather TOU and is also against the spirit of the agreement as ads help fund the "free" service". There is no reason why you cannot install and use AdBlock Plus though. Strictly speaking, you should white-list the domain so it shows ads but it is entirely up to you what you do. :)

Thank you, I will have a little think about that one ;)

Admin

You're welcome. :)