[old] Unresolved Known Yuku Issues

Author Comment

That's right they are not working for many months now.  It is on their to do list but that is not meaning it will be fixed any time soon.

I would like to see something different for the pm's and get back to the old profiles.

My guess is that if the developers wanted to, the old PM interface could be ported to the new profiles. Doing that would cause an immediate improvement and get rid of a huge objection to the beta profiles.

Yes it would. I think sometimes change is good but when it is about this~change is not good. The saying, "if it is not broken, don't fix it" something like that. It was great, I loved uploading my own skins to use as the profile skin. Now I have to manually do it. It sucks!!!!

The thing I don't like about the new mail is it's too narrow and if you are sending a tag or some kind of graphic you can't see the whole thing and there is no scroll bar. It's also a pain in the butt if you are adding a new signature because you can't see the cursor on either side so it's almost impossible to center it or add a bit to the bottom if that make any sense lol. Just wish it was wider like the old profiles Image

I agree SuzieQ
Split Yuku profiles is truly not good everyone agrees... I have many friends that have not updated...
let's have One or the Other..

The chatrooms are still dysfunctional. When someone leaves or enters it boots a bunch of people in, and trying to change your icon inside the chat or send a pm will freeze the window. Refreshing doesn't always work, sometimes (often) you end up stuck in the 'connecting' screen.

Admin

*sigh* I know. I feel like I should unstick this topic but then I review it and these are still current unresolved issues.

I thought the new owners would get things fixed :(

It's like buying a used vehicle, when you're buying someone else's problem.
You fix one problem and another 1 - 10 more pop up.

First thing that used to go through my head when I was helping fix these run down vehicles was, "How come ppl can't take care of things so they don't get this bad?"

Sending messages to members does not work at yuku ever.. 
i have been trying to send out messages for six months to no avail

cattag

Yes, Chatrooms are not always great.  Members get disconnected and cannot get back in.
It usually happens when one members signs into the chatroom and one member who is already in the chatroom get disconnected.
I did ask about this a while back and it is something they are going to look into eventually.Image

I thought not being able to see who's in chat was an inconvenient...then we started having members who could use chat, yet no one could see them being present, even on the inside Image

Admin

A chatroom with a split personality? Image

Chat issues have gone on for so long, it is not funny. Really, if yuku are not going to upgrade and fix it, they should remove it. Sadly, I can see that as a viable option.

If I knew Yuku was going to be this much trouble I would have brought a vBulletin license.

This just sucks.

Admin

I see they have just released a new version. Upped the cost too to $249. Not a lot of trouble once you get it set up but you would need a decent hosting to be able to run it. Say $350 a year? You'd have to have a popular board to justify that expense.

andrew wrote:A chatroom with a split personality? Image

Chat issues have gone on for so long, it is not funny. Really, if yuku are not going to upgrade and fix it, they should remove it. Sadly, I can see that as a viable option.

shhht don't give them any ideas! I need chat, I'll take it even broken

split personalityImage

FireDragonConsort wrote:If I knew Yuku was going to be this much trouble I would have brought a vBulletin license.

This just sucks.

I was going to say "welcome to yuku" but I'm not sure how you'd take that right nowImage

How much work is involved in having the names of those chatting appear on the directory page... That's the only thing not working for my group, and for a good six months or more by now. Why not fix it? I don't get it, every ticket I have sent on this issue ends up as a dead end.... The development team has been given this issue, it is up to them to fix it when they can, is the reply. Obviously it is not a priority.
The other thing is that often people get booted out while in the chatroom and have to try to connect to it again and again.
No, this is definitely not being considered as an issue that will ever be fixed.

Little Elf wrote:
FireDragonConsort wrote:If I knew Yuku was going to be this much trouble I would have brought a vBulletin license.

This just sucks.

I was going to say "welcome to yuku" but I'm not sure how you'd take that right nowImage
By all means Little Elf say "Welcome to Yuku".
I'm not that fierce.
Honest! Image
If nothing else this whine fest is a bonding experience and we have some common ground! Image