[old] Unresolved Known Yuku Issues

Author Comment

Admin

FireDragonConsort wrote:If nothing else this whine fest is a bonding experience and we have some common ground! Image
This is always what happens and it is good to see.  Elsewhere I posted about how yuku is being torn apart piece by piece.  Yes, people do still bond and pull together in adversity  - and always will - but years ago this was much stronger.

You guys chat.  You may find more common ground and end up with more members.  Image

FireDragonConsort wrote:
Little Elf wrote:
FireDragonConsort wrote:If I knew Yuku was going to be this much trouble I would have brought a vBulletin license.

This just sucks.

I was going to say "welcome to yuku" but I'm not sure how you'd take that right nowImage
By all means Little Elf say "Welcome to Yuku".
I'm not that fierce.
Honest! Image
If nothing else this whine fest is a bonding experience and we have some common ground! Image
ok then....Welcome to Yuku, FireDragon, I hope you'll like it hereImage

andrew wrote:
FireDragonConsort wrote:If nothing else this whine fest is a bonding experience and we have some common ground! Image
This is always what happens and it is good to see.  Elsewhere I posted about how yuku is being torn apart piece by piece.  Yes, people do still bond and pull together in adversity  - and always will - but years ago this was much stronger.

You guys chat.  You may find more common ground and end up with more members.  Image
sort of like the "aftermath" of a disaster  

Little Elf wrote:
andrew wrote:

sort of like the "aftermath" of a disaster  

Exactly!!  lol

Hi LittleElf. Image

Welcome FireDragon.  Image  

auntiem wrote:

Hi LittleElf. Image

Hello auntiem!Image

Hello Auntiem!

I'm practicing my interpretive dance so I'll still be able to communicate on Yuku!

*little dance this a way...little dancin' thata way...throws in a few hand gestures for good measure*

FD, you're killing me Image

Admin

It's all in the swing, yanno. Image

Issue: Avatars & Indent.

Here is my exchange with yuku on the matter:

July 16th:

Hey guys,

Ever since my board started, we've made sure to keep the "all posts
using current avatar" box unchecked in the Display Preferences. Up until
now, this has worked wonderfully well, but today, members have pointed
out that avatars are currently showing up the same all over (we're a
site with frequent avatar changing). I've checked the settings and the
box was still unchecked. I've tried checking the box and then unchecking
it, still nothing. I have also tried clearing cookies and cashe to see
if it was a problem on my end, but still no result. The rest of the
members are seeing this too.

Please help us, we really love our changing icons, it's one of yuku's best features.

Answer:

Hi Shery,
Thanks for reporting that. We've tested and confirmed. We've now logged it for our technical team to take a look.
Thanks again.
August 1st:

Hey guys. For the past few weeks I've been having a lot of issues
with editing and making posts. I can no longer use the "indent" buttons
in the wysiwyg. When I click it, it puts text into a quotation box for
me. I've tried copying the HTML from successful indents from months ago,
but when I convert it into rich text format it becomes a quote again.
This is very crucial to me, since I many of my posts around Descension
use that, and I can't really click the space button 10 times.

Much help would be appreciated :(

Also, is there any updates regarding the avatars (the last ticket I sent) ? They're still wonky over at our place.

Thanks!

Answer

Hi Shery,
Can you tell me what browser and version you are using? This sounds like it might be a browser issue.
Sorry, no news yet from the avatars, but it is logged as a bug and waiting for a developer to look at.
Sorry for the

Sorry for the wait.

Hey! Thanks for the quick response! I'm using Firefox 14.0.1

Can you link me to a post where the indent function worked and then one where it does not? Also are these entries typed in?

I haven't made any posts with the
dysfunctional indent. I see it doesn't work, so I don't use it. But
that's hardly a solution :(

Examples for threads that make use of the indent:
http://descension.yuku.com?topic=4870/
http://descension.yuku.com?topic=1905/
http://descension.yuku.com?topic=4937/

Ok looks like we will have to bug this one up too. I've tested and so far it is happening in all the browsers.

Is there a BBCode/HTML alternative I could use that would work until the button itself if fixed?

I'm afraid not. Turns out
it only happens in certain browser versions, we will be doing some more
testing over the weekend and then log it in our bug tracker for the
technical team to look at.

It would help if you could link us to a post that was correct a while ago, and a more recent post that is not correct.

Thanks

The links I gave you earlier all have correct indent usages; though they
were last edited before I realized the indent button no longer works.

Thanks so much. It has been added to our test list and will be tested thoroughly over the weekend.
Just a FYI, I am currently able to use indent and all other functions correctly when using FF 11.0

Then wait... And wait... And wait... And 2 months later:

Hey guys, it's been... A while now, and issues are still as they were
before, nothing has been fixed. Not the indent, not the avatar problem
(which I submitted in another ticket).

Any updates?

Hi there,

The editor is still being tested, sorry for the delay, we are a bit swamped at the moment.

The avatar problem will likely not be fixed because it is colliding
with another feature. I need to check with the technical team, as I
don't recall exactly which feature it is now, but it is one that needs
to pull fresh data which can't be done with historic avatars.

But there are boards that still have functioning avatars :( And if it
can't be done anymore, why is it still an option in the admin panel?
This isn't making much sense...

Admin

Thanks for posting all that.

This is not good! It is along the lines that I feared too.
  • For an indent, highlight the area you wish to indent and center the text.  (Yes, I said CENTER)
  • Click the HTML button (so it glows yellow).
  • Find:
    text-align: center;">
  • Change it to:
    margin-left:40px;">
  • Click the HTML button again and it should be fine.
Works in Firefox 13.0.1 too, BTW.  Must have broke at level 14.

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind next time I need it. I just wish things would work. It feels like yuku is trying to push us away from its system by now :( Everything is half assed, half done, and things that were perfectly fine are being taken away one by one.

Admin

Yep. There was a reason why everything was as it was and now they are trying to change things, they are falling foul of them. It took the best part of two years to get historic avatars implemented as it was a much requested feature (once as used on ezBoard). Not only that, it was faster (stored with the post and did not have to draw from the multitude of accounts and their different servers).

IMHO, throw the new UI in the bin and simply make what we have table-less. Then an optional template system can be offered but something better than the hard to make sense of mess that is currently being provided.

I'm waiting for the squeals when this gets implemented and I am getting ready to get out of here. It is not the place it once was and is slowly being destroyed.

What are the odds you know of a software that is akin to what yuku is/was using? If I leave yuku I'd self host and I'd want a toolbar that resembles the wysiwyg here.

Admin

Have a look at SMF2 for a free one. phpBB3.1 is likely a year off (and that has a WYSIWYG. 3.0.x does not). vBulletin costs ($250) and the WYSIWYG is very limited. Other than that, it is a case of trying to patch one in and success had been debatable on that.

What's funny about the chat room is that it is a simple upgrade. They just don't want to pay the money.

The version that Yuku uses for chat has a bug with Flash. The chat company fixed it a month later in back in fall of 2011 but Yuku won't upgrade.

Admin

Unsticking because I feel anything still relevant here will soon become a thing of the past.