Hello Everyone

Author Comment

I am sorry I will be MIA my sister lost her battle with cancer

So sorry to hear that. Hugs

paul4

Nothing much going on here just rain, although I have been able to sneak out with the camera to get some flower shots of some Spring flowers. ;)

This was one out at the moment in our garden - Rhododendron Blue Tit, already losing some blooms in the breeze.

paul4

Good morning peeps it's a beautiful day here this morning, but might get some rain later, maybe.

Beautiful rhododendron Paul! :)

Gran, i don't come here often . so sorry for your loss :(

yes paul those rhodos sure look great. i just found out about them lately as i see them blooming around here and thought they were early azaleas.

i hope everyone is doing well.
have a good day and rest of the month and year.

Good morning peeps, thought I'd drop by this quiet little board.

Now that I look at those they are azalea's actually, those are rhododendrons in the background.

HI All who peek in/

hot hot hot...

Lookie at the Photobucket.
Hello my friends hello

Hello Sal.
PB let us down didn't it big time but all fine now, I have moved most of my pics, hope you have too. x

Hello, yes i didnt move all pictures , as that was then and this is now. most of the pictures i put in PB where downloaded first anyway.

now i have prob with facebook. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i hope all is well with everyone.
have a good rest of August and do not look at the sun today!!!!

Sal. I'm having probs with facebook too.

Gosh haven't been here for a long time so glad to see it is still active....ladies I can't believe Photobucket did that, I have downloaded my millions of Tags from there, and still trying to decide where to put them, have tried https://renegal59.imgbb.com/albums it is easy to use and free, but so messy to look at, also tried https://imgbox.com/ don't like that one, so any suggestions for one that looks a bit like photobucket?

I have tested a few for forum use but by far the best so far is postimage

clickety-click this link https://postimages.org/

Either used as a one-off anonymous image hosting, or better still creating an account with albums and repeatability - all you need to submit is an email address. It even gives you auto re-sizing options

Ok, it's free at the moment and that of course may change but .........

paul4

Thank you very much for that Paul. :D

Admin

Thanks, Paul. I think I will give that one a try. It looks like it is https, and therefore would not throw a mixed content warning. Interestingly I recently found that tinypic is owned by photobucket. No https. We don't always want to host images on our own sites for a variety of reasons. Why I was looking was to host a background image, which was not back-traceable to me. Nothing wrong. Just a privacy issue.

Rene? I think you may have more than one account here! :lol Nice to see you again! I'm not here much but the board still stands... for what it is worth.

There is an old topic with a listing of image hosts here: viewtopic...80&t=1900

I tried some of those from that old topic, but with mixed results. Definitely the postimage was the best of those i did try.

Funnily enough the list didn't include Imgur, but Casey did mention that in the last post. Imgur was the worst one I tried >: . I uploaded a test photo, which was an innocuous picture of my front lawn (patch of fake grass). Within a short time I got a comment from a user with a "nasty" username (which included ....f*ck....) and the comment was worse (included ......f*ck my mother, and even worse). I didn't go looking for privacy settings, I just dumped it!! >:

paul4

Admin

Nothing better than a straightforward review ^^ :lol

*makes note: Avoid Imgur*

The topic is/was really meant to be a work in progress. I don't recall the last time I updated it.

I work on some different platforms these days and frankly want to ban some people just for their username.

Hi Andrew, How are you, well I hope? I keep well, but unfortunately lower back and knees have been dreadful this last year, struggling to walk most of the time, very painful.
Now I believe I may have 2 accounts here, if I have please keep the Gmail.com one and delete the Bigpond one, I normally never use that one at all, don't know why I did here.
I shall endeavour to drop by more often now, as I have 1 other group that has left Yuku before change over and came to Proboards and 2 went to
Forumotion so I am just not on Tapatalk all the time now, I really like the set up at Forumotion, it is a mix of Yuku and Tapatalk, though that is only my opinion...LOL
Must be off and do some reading in here...chat again soon....regards Rene

Hi Rene, it's been a while :)

paul4