Newest beta post editor - where to complain?

Author Comment

On my test site I tried the newest beta post editor thing.  What a laugh.  It was glitchy and there was no drag and drop or select and also no more choices to use photobucket or anything else.  It simply didn't work at all for me.  Is there somewhere they are taking opinions about this newest "upgrade"?  lol   This is the only yuku help site I go to now. 

The Yuku Team has added this at the end of their announcement for this new release/change:

Feedback can be submitted at http://help.yuku.com

Sorry Deb that you are having problems with it. I have been using the drag/drop for pictures and it worked great for me with my Yuku images.

Thank you.  I should have spotted that.  ; (     I think I'll wait awhile.  I got it to work once, so maybe it will be ok now. 

I don't even see where to enable it on my old profile. It says go to preferences. I don't notice anything different in the settings.

Admin

It looks like you are a "Supporter", so that should not be the issue.

dawgstudent .... account, pref's, change editor to yuku 2.0

still not able to drag and drop, but the new editor is showing up.  No photobucket icon anymore?  ; (

The drag and drop you do manually yourself, you see where it says your albums....those are your Yuku albums, there is a dropdown menu on that button, press the little arrow on that button to see all your albums, you bring up the one you want.
When the images are there, click on the one you want, keep your mouse on it and drag it into your reply or post window. 
That's it.

It only works with a PC.  I can't do this action on my iPad, it is not functional, sigh.

It's not working for me.  When I drag it into the post window the circle with the bar through it appears. 

I really don't know what the problem is Deb.
This is just a beta release and if you are experiencing any issues send in your feedback to that link for feedback.
They will appreciate it since they are wanting to know what works and what doesn't works.
I also believe that they are putting out, or have done so already (not sure) some tutorials on how to use the this new editor.
I too am experiencing some issues with some of the features so I will send my feedback about them.

We have the option to use this new editor or back to the one we had before. You can use whichever one works best for you.

Yes I will do that.  I did revert to the old editor.  I just hope it sticks around.  ; )   I assume that at some point it will be replaced permanently.  ; (

Not necessarily Deb as at this point supporters only have the new post editor.  So, unless they decide to give everyone the new editor, the old one will have to stay.

Well good because support just told me that photobucket icon won't be added to the new editor and I use that. I want to keep the old one. ; )

If I am having problems with the new editor simply because I use IE9, the support engineers say they are working on a fix and it should be ok by tomorrow.  ; )  
Just posting this in case other IE9 users are in my same boat.  ; )

Admin

They are really going to have to do something about the loss of features. PhotoBucket integration has been around from the early days. There is no basic stuff like text alignment either.

I know.  What's all that other stuff good for anyway?  I sure wouldn't need it.  Print?  I don't get it.

Two things I used regularly....photobucket and inserting vids from youtube.  Gone.  Ack!

I am a supporter with a converted profile. At the moment I have 3 editor choices.
1- wysiwyg
2- bbcode
3- Yuku 2 (BBcode) - this is the new editor

I was always using wysiwyg Before on my PC.
I would use bbcode on my iPad mobile because the wysiwyg does not work on my mobile.

I would hope that the 3 choices continue to be offered to us so we can use the one that works best for whatever gadget we use to communicate on Yuku.

I dont see an option for HTML....so cant use message background codes anymore

Admin

The "HTML" button is called "Source".

Pearl, I would hope this one editor would work with all browsers and devices. Push to get it how you would like it.

Thank you Andrew will try it now...why dont they tell us they have renamed it lol

Source doesnt work, it isnt converting the code so wont bother with the new editor will go back to the old one