Newest beta post editor - where to complain?

Author Comment

I can't find a link to Photobucket or where you can choose your fonts....or am I missing something?

nope they have both gone

Admin

No, I don't think you are. See Deb's post #11 .

There is no choice of fonts or alignment with the basic (freebie) editor. http://ckeditor.com/demo#standard

They are found with the full featured (paid for) editor: http://ckeditor.com/demo#full

i pay and i dont see them Andrew

Jayne12 wrote:i pay and i dont see them Andrew

Yuku is using the free version so you won't see those options even if you are a supporter.  
Andrew's comment about the free version  was referring to the editor version, not whether you are a supporter or not.

Clear as mud?? 

Admin

auntiem wrote:Clear as mud?? 
I thought not but I guess I was wrong!  Image

Yuku's announcement never said to select BBCode (Yuku 2.0). I guess that's why I was confused. On a PC - the wysiwyg editor is still the best one.

Yesterday I asked support about the loss of Photobucket and basics like align.  This is their response.  They didn't address my photobucket question.

Hi Deb,

Align and center will be released tomorrow. The purpose of a beta release is to collect feedback and shape the editor based on the feedback we receive. Beta also means that it is not a final product.

Admin

DebW wrote:Well good because support just told me that photobucket icon won't be added to the new editor and I use that.  I want to keep the old one. ; )
Perhaps your post #11 should be edited to reflect that. 

Oops.  No, I forgot that they had told me previously that photobucket would not be added.  Sorry about that Andrew.  Mushy mind here. Maybe if enough people complain about the loss of the photobucket function, they will reconsider?

Ive just recieved a reply to my ticket and the choice of font wont be added so i am sticking to the old editor, what with no HTML that works, no PB and font thingy its a huge step backwards

Andrew wrote:
_______

Yes Andrew, I will.
I am hoping it will work with all other devices as well as the PC in its final version.

HTML is now called Source....geez I wondered what that was, thanks for that Andrew.

I wonder if the browser/device issue has something to do with Flash, which Apple products don't play well with.

Admin

Spockside wrote:I wonder if the browser/device issue has something to do with Flash, which Apple products don't play well with.
In a word: no.  Apple do not want to support either Flash or Java as they are seen as huge security risks.  IE10 also does not fully support Flash and uses a whitelist but only in the desktop version.  It will not be long before Flash and Java become obsolete but the adjustment period will be a little rough for some.

Back on topic...

I would complain strongly about the loss of features and I would suggest all the features you would like to see as well. 

IMHO, it is not a bad editor but we do need the features that the commercial version offers. 

On checking the insert table option, it will be more or less useless right now but may be sufficient once the new UI is introduced. 

Kinda looking a lot of hype about a bit of a step backwards.

off topic:  yes, obviously it is Flash that is not supported on Apple mobile

But the bbcode version of the editor works just fine for pictures and all other features on Yuku with my mobile.
so that is why it is important to give feedback to Yuku as to the reason why they cannot get new version to work on all devices.

The one thing you cannot do with bbcode version, (Yhis is not the new Yuku 2 (BBcode) version), but the one we have had for a very long time,
you cannot play games with grids using that one editor as it does not paste the grids.  So that version that was one of the two choices we had for an editor has not been fully functional either.

Back on topic:

Pearl if you get "source" to work let me know, cos for life of me it wont work for me at all...it just jumbles to code up

Jayne you asked about Source and whether it worked for me.
Yes, it does work.
You click on the Source button,
Paste your code in the reply window,
Click the Source button again.
(you will not see the video just yet but still see the code)
Now you click the post button.
When you have posted it, only then will you see the video.

I will use the code here right now. I have picked a video, not sure what the content is just to demonstrate that it works for me.

Jayne12 wrote:Ive just recieved a reply to my ticket and the choice of font wont be added so i am sticking to the old editor, what with no HTML that works, no PB and font thingy its a huge step backwards

I use fonts and PB a lot, I would image a lot of other members do as well. Why have the got rid of these? I thought you were suppose to go forward not backwards...?
I'll be sticking to the old wysiwyg. 

What do you mean by fonts? D you mean a certain script type font, like ....sheriff, times new roman etc? At least there is a choice of size for our font! But I will tell you from experience using mobiles on the Internet, is that all sites, forums or groups that do not use a standard font. (I don't know which one Yuku uses in the new editor).... I am using the new editor to post here right now) ....some fonts are totally unreadable on a mobile. Cursive is the worse. Also Comic Sans MS, Brush Script MT, cursive cannot be read properly. There may be more as well. Since we are using a lot of mobiles nowadays, there may be a reason why the font choices have been eliminated.
Just thinking out loud here.

Pearl...ive tried it for posting message backgrounds, but source wont work at all for me, not tried a video yet, but will...thanks
this is a code using source
then i click source again and post and get this