Newest beta post editor - where to complain?

Author Comment

That's a shame Jayne. I wonder why it does not recognize the code for the frames!
The code has been working for me just fine. But I have not tried frames. you probably will have to ask at the Yuku desk for that one.

Look at the new Beta Editor, there now is a new button in there. It is an embed button link...it is yellow.
Copy, paste url directly and it will post your video's etc.

Admin

I just looked at this thing and my reaction is:

Whoa! What a step backwards!

It is a bbCode editor and as such very limited. One of the features of both ezBoard and yuku is the ability to post in HTML. Now, that is fine if the old editor remains.

Firefox spellcheck is disabled in it. What is the point in that? I dare say it is the same in Chrome & Safari.

Inserting images from a yuku album is very crude! The only thing I like about that is being able to see more faster.

I really am under-impressed.  I do not need an editor to type bbCode, it only makes it easier.  I mostly do this in Quick Reply anyway!

There will likely be issues when trying to edit posts that have been made using the WYSIWYG post editor.

Anyone that wants to post background sets has not a chance.

Tables?  Geez, they are gonna be more trouble than they are worth.  The table becomes invisible after a preview too.  With no way to style it, they are mostly pointless. 

I looked.  I left. 

Message backgrounds work fine...lol...i stayed as is and didnt go to the new beta thing as you are right they dont work...

Admin

Yes but my point is relating to if/when the WYSIWYG post editor gets phased out in favour of this becoming the sole post editor.

Message backs and copy & paste games will no longer be possible.

I have been using the new post editor on my tablet and really dislike it. The default font is very small and I have to enlarge it manually every time so I can read what I'm typing. If I try to get to the smilies, the window opens on the bottom right hand corner and I cannot get to all but the few smilies I can see in the top corner. I did manage to move the window once so I could see them but the other times I haven't been able to get to them.
Off to submit a ticket now.

I used it a couple of days. I don't like it at all..My videos didn't show at all until I posted . With the present editor it shows as soon as I insert it. I like that.

So glad to be reading I don't like it?

Who in this world has decided to change what we have for this latest crap?

Think my other question has been answered; no one knows if this is the final version or for that matter can we have the old one if we don't like the new.

They stick with this inferior rubbish people are going to walk again, no idea where to as I just ran away from F/B seems to be a lot of hostility towards them (F/B) as well tonight.

I have given this thing a good trial run and am now switching back.

Admin

There are two good reasons for trying this editor and they are for compatibility (and future-proofing) along with security.

This is still in beta.

No we do not know if the WYSIWYG will be withdrawn. If it is, the ability to post or edit in HTML will be lost. i.e. loss of a feature (unless the CKEditor is configured to write HTML rather than bbCode).

I'm not sure if it is something done by the new editor, or something else, but it appears to now be impossible to link to youtube videos, as the forums try to turn them into embeds instead.

Admin

I just tested with:
  1. unchecking "Convert URLs"
  2. using the insert link function instead
Both times the video was rendered. 
Watch this video

Now, that ^ worked!  Image

andrew wrote:I just tested with:unchecking "Convert URLs"using the insert link function insteadBoth times the video was rendered.� Watch this video

Now, that ^ worked!�

So, how did you do it? I've done both those things, to no avail.

[url=?t=5s" rel="nofollow">Test.[/url]

[link=

Also, if I have it aim for a specific start time, it breaks the link, as you can see.

Admin

Type the words.
Click and drag to highlight them.
Press the "chain" icon to "Insert Hyperlink".
Paste in the URL.
Click OK.
Preview to test.

the words

I would assume that would also cope with specific start time, although I do admit that I have no idea what that means.

I should also add that I am using the WYSIWYG post editor and not the beta "Yuku 2.0" one.  There may be a difference here. 

If all else fails, you can always use TinyURL.

http://tinyurl.com/yqancg

Ok, except for the editor, that is exactly what I had been doing all along (I had the non-Yuku 2.0 bbcode editor selected).  Let's see if this helps.

Test.

Ok, that appears to be working in the preview.  Unfortunately, the weirdness that made me switch from the WYSIWYG editor is back now.

Admin

Weirdness with the WYSIWYG? IE user? Put IE into compatibility view?

Can you describe the weirdness? The editor is old but it mostly works. Depending on your needs and browser, there is also the bbCode editor, which may work better with a mobile device.

OK, here is your post content from above. This does not look like IE to me.

Ok, except for the editor, that is exactly what I had been
 doing all along (I had the non-Yuku 2.0 bbcode editor
 selected).  Let's see if this
 helps.http://youtu.be/BHu8LAWSKxU?t=5s">Test.Ok,
  that appears to be working in the preview.  Unfortunately, the
  weirdness that made me switch from the WYSIWYG editor is back
 now.
I did amend the "h" in http, so it would post. 

I have never seen such a thing before.  What browser is that? 

Admin

Kinda funny... When I try and Google that extraneous code, one of the 8 results I got was from your home forum.

This could be IE9 on Win7 64-bit, from other posts I read. My first inclination is to suggest you dump IE in favor of Firefox or Comodo Dragon. As a second resort, I suggest trying to find the repair option for IE9. This used to be along with add/remove programs as an option. Not sure if it remains so. Uninstall and reinstall might work though.

What are the chances you have picked up some malware or have a broken ActiveX plugin? The latter may be able to be cured with resetting IE.W RT the former, scan with Malwarebytes AntiMalware. (Note: only the free version is required and not the Pro or the free trial.)

Problem: I am already using Firefox 17, and have not used IE in some time.

Admin

Where the heck is that coming from?

There is one other time I came across something like this and it was an ISP attempting to insert an advert. I don't recall the ISP right now.

Firefox 17 was buggy. So was Firefox 18. 18.0.1 should be OK though. It could possibly have been a bug but I never heard anyone say it was an issue.

Corrupt Firefox profile? I would not have thought so.

Step back... Why are you on Firefox 17, when the latest level is 18.0.1? By rights it should have updated. Could the issue be a corrupt installation? Can we track this from the date on which the issue began?

Well, I've updated to Firefox 18.0.2, so let's see if that makes a difference. 

The first time this happened to me was on January 25, in this post.  The second time was in this post, on the 28th, and the third was in this one, on the 29th.  The fourth time this happened is upthread.

After the third time, I switched to a different editor, which kept it from occuring (though it didn't happen every time I posted even with the WYSIWYG editor.)

Admin

Not tying up with release dates. 18.0.2 only just appeared today. This does infer bugs that needed fixing.

Firefox 18.0.1 January 18
Firefox 18.0 January 8
Firefox 17.0.2esr January 8

See how it goes. In the meantime, I will try and find out the ISP that caused that issue last year. I might have it in an old PM or something. If not, there should be a topic on a board somewhere. I'll try and dig it out tomorrow and if no success, I will ask someone that should be able to tell me.