Newest beta Admin Control Panel

Author Comment

how do i get to my IMAGES while tweaking a skin in WYSIWYG Editor??

use to be able to click on a forum,then the IMAGE button would show right top.i mean LEFT top..argh.

Not sure what you are saying autumn oakley.

If you are talking about tweaking skins then you are in your admin pages right?
the images button is still there.
Preview Apply Edit HTML WYSIWYG Images Copy Export Delete

If you are talking about Yuku images in a regular post or reply. 
In the wysiwyg editor it is still all there too.

Not sure what else you might be saying.

In the new Beta release editor....the images are above the reply, post window, it is a button all by itself to the left.

i click on Customized Community Skins.then click on wysiwyg .
OK> i'm in preview .how do i get to my IMAGES now? while i'm still in wysiwyg?

oh no.where did pearl go?
ok i found images.

if i only could click on one of my forums so i can see what it looks like without leaving the editor area like I use to.Image

Admin

You know? I am pretty disgusted with this and registered that by ticket a short while ago. I suggest you all do the same: http://help.yuku.com/requests/new

I see plenty of issues just waiting to happen as well as it being much less user-friendly. Not going to rant but I sure could! I am just so disgusted right now that resources were spent making something worse than it already was.

Aside from registering my disgust, I also asked for the old Admin Control Panel to be returned.

Autumn, you could try clearing your cache and see if that helps. I am sorry but I am unfamiliar with the skin WYSIWYG editor, either before or now.

Thank you Andrew for starting a new thread for this topic.

Oh gosh, by all means do send feedback, complaints or issues you have to the Yuku Team:
Here is the link for everyone.
Click here

Autumn Oakley, can you use preview button? This gives you a view of the pictures before you save your work.

What images are you talking about? Your Yuku albums?
If those are the ones, you need to have two tabs open in your browser, one for working in the editor, the other for your Yuku images albums, or whatever albums where you store your images.

I am sitting here after spending 15 minutes just trying to find my Members List....I did eventually find it.
How in the heck can they say this is easier for managers, what a mess, I  feel Yuku have definitely taken one huge step backwards, I will be telling them that also.
Renegal59

I sent in a ticket, and they replied saying they were going to put up tutorials but not till the new help desk was finished...!!!

Also i wish i knew what Autumn was talking about...ivve never heard of that before, i just click preview...

I always get a chuckle out of announcements that say changes are made for the better and to help you and when you look, you see a change in design and you have to hunt all over the place to find what you are looking for.  I have always shook my head at those that re-design things and think we are suppose to get excited over the new look.  Whoop Whoop.  

Admin

Jayne12 wrote:I sent in a ticket, and they replied saying they were going to put up tutorials but not till the new help desk was finished...!!!
  1. I have not had a reply to my feedback of Jan 25 01:06 am, so that really pleases me!
  2. How many new help desks do we need?  We lose continuity every time!  When you consider these must be retained for legal reasons, this is an ever mounting cost!
Do we need tutorials?  No.Do the old tutorials need updating?  Yes.I am not at all against change but what was the point here?  Not only that, it is much less clear and user-friendly than it used to be.  I really do not see how that can be better?  Just wait until forums get accidentally deleted, members accidentally banned or deleted and there sure are gonna be some happy folk!Tell me, which one of us asked for this?  Was it needed?  Are there higher priority things that need attended to?

This is supposed to be a beta.  Beta testers opt-in.  It is foolish to force beta software into a production environment.  Why not an opt-in/opt-out button?  Why is everyone being forced to be a beta tester? 

OK, the positive...  Come on ... Who can find something that is better as a result of this change?  (No, you are not allowed to compare to the last forum management page but yes you can compare to the original one.)

All very good points Andrew.
Glad to know you got a reply Jayne.
Renegal yes you did the right thing in sending feedback too.
How would they know how we feel if we don't let them know.

Autumn has not come back to reply. I am still not clear as to what was meant as well.

I know that when I do skins and put in new pictures and URLs for the skins, that upon clicking the preview button,
they don't always show immediately.
One reason for this is because (as Andrew pointing out) we need to clear our cache.

The other obstacle I found with the preview while doing skins is this:
If you have borders you will not see them in the preview window.
You do need to click on a forum **within** the preview window to see them.
But that **does not take you out** of the skin WYSIWYG editor.

I just did two skins and it did take me a little longer just to get use to the set up, but all went well.  IF I was to have one complaint, it would be that when I was in the WYSIWYG the font was very light in color and hard to read or too small to read, but that's about it.

We've noticed a difference in how the new Admin page looks, so I am wondering how it looks to others and what browser they are using. I see this:

Tobias sees a left column, with a huge blank area to the right. She has to scroll down to see Admin Links, etc...

Admin

I see it the same. I would suggest Tobias tries a hard refresh and see if it straightens up. Follow that with a cache clear and if that fails a ticket. (warning new help desk requires new account) http://help.yuku.com/solution/categories/55005/folders/90501/articles/46866-creating-a-help-desk-account

Because they felt the need to go and change the setup (which as far as I know had no major problems) in the administators section, I wound up not able to access my members list and other functions there. Support told me to clean out my cache which I had to do and that solved it only to find that I no longer could change font sizes in my posts. Found out then that I had to go and correct my compatbility settings. Then I could not get back into the admin section the way I used to and had to go another route using the navigation button.

All this occured after they made the changes. Meanwhile, if they want to change something how about that *&^%$ YUKU search where my board is not even listed.They keep saying it's a work in progress. Well, how about you work on that before you start messing with other things?Image 

Editing this as I just went to post on my board and though this morning the fonts were able to be adjust in size in my posts, once again they are not.Image

OMG this is working on my last nerve! lol ... I am trying to do a skin, when I click PREVIEW I do not see any pic, is it not taking the PB photobucket links anymore?  Will the picture actually be there if I apply the skin?  How do I go back to the old version waaaaaaaaa!!!

Admin

Linda, I would suggest having a testboard to make your skins and actually applying the skin you are working on. In that way, you can save and then look at the board in another tab. Sorry, I have never used the skin WYSIWYG, so cannot help much with that.

That is exactly what I am doing Andrew lol ... ty so much ((hugs)) appreciate your help.

My picture doesn't even show when I apply it ............... I am going to cry!!!! roflmao ... ok I am just way too frustrated to bother with this anymore today. So nice too have a share group and a request group for skins and have written all those tutorials so others can learn and make skins ... and now I can not even do them myself .... sheesh!! Tomorrow is another day ... and I am sure with all the lovely people on here, we will get through YET another change, helping each other together ... xxx