Newest beta Admin Control Panel

Author Comment

Admin

I know the feeling, Linda: http://support.ourboard.org/viewtopic.php?t=1748/

Perhaps you are having problems because you are an IE user? Firefox users have been editing and creating in the skin WYSIWYG. Additionally, Firefox does not cache like IE does and perhaps your changes are actually happening and it is just that you are not seeing them?

It could be Andrew ... maybe I should look into changing to Firefox? Will that mess up other things do you know, and how do I go about changing to Firefox from IE, sorry about the stupid sounding questions, I am just so not technical! lol Also if I use Firefox to create skins, and people are using IE to download and apply them to their forums, will this make a difference to them?

Thank you again in advance for your help, xxx

Admin

Just download it and you should get the option to import your bookmarks when you install.

I'll give you this link, so you can choose your language: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

No, it makes no difference which browser you use to either create or import.

Thank you Andrew!! xxx

Tried that Andrew still didn't work :(

I have made a skin using the new admin panel, and it was pretty much the same, just set out a little different, the only thing I found was in the preview, before the change, you could click on the forums to check the changes, but in the new set up I couldn't, but that's about it!

Admin

Linda, you haven't said what still is not working, how it is not working and in what browser it is not working.

Jane, are you saying that the preview view is no longer "sticking" when you click on a link?

Omg Andrew I don't even want to tell you what my problem was ... so embarrassed! Sheesh ... Jane actually helped me in my group by mentioning Photobucket, I went and checked my HTML and because I am working on a laptop and not used to not having a mouse, highlighting, copy/pasting is a pain in the butt and a challenge to get used too! I inadvertently deleted some HTML code when pasting in my PB code!! I have now fixed it and pic showing up fine. I am so sorry Andrew lol ... *blush ... thank you again for your help .... lol (ty Jane xoxo)

Linda

You're welcome Linda!
Andrew before the change to the admin panel I was able to (while in the WYSIWYG editor) click on the preview and click on the different boards within the preview to see the changes....now I couldn't do that, you can still get a preview while in the editor but it sticks on the front page of the group, I had to save and then go to my skin list to click on preview..then I could click around the forum to see the changes...unless it was just a glitch..I have another one to do tomorrow so will see if it's the same!

Admin

So, this is the preview within the WYSIWYG skin editor that is not working as expected?
  • OK, I tested and found that if I hover a link, the link does respond, yet clicking on it resulted in no action.
  • I disabled JavaScript in my browser and then tried again and it worked.
  • I then re-enabled JavaScript and it still worked.
  • I then exited and re-entered the WYSIWYG skin editor and it continued to work.
Give that a try and see if it works for you.

Jane I noticed something yesterday also with the preview thing ... it seemed to not open it separately in a new window sometimes, because I was getting frustrated with it not opening, scrolled up and saw it had made the changes in the top working window ... not sure if it is just glitchy but check that out too Image

Ty again to you both xxx

Andrew, it either was a glitch or they have fixed it, just went into a skin through the WYSIWYG editor and in the preview I clicked on a link and it worked!
Thanks anyway.
Linda, do you mean while you are still in the editor? I don't think that ever did open in a new window, just at the top of the page.

Yes while in editor ... mine opened as a separate preview before ... I also can not see image when I preview while working on it, but I just go into preview pane click on a forum i.e. General ... and it shows me the image at the top xxx

Well, that's really strange as I only got say half a window at the top of the editor for the preview before the change, never a seperate window..also the main header I would have to go into a forum to see that, ...that's still the same with the changes for me anyway.
That's wierd!

Mmmmmmm not sure why mine is like that ...

I nearly had heart failure the first time I saw the new admin panel.  I guess I'd better try making some skins on my test board.  More work for mother...

Can anyone tell me how to change the order of forums and subforums in the new admin panel? I had to create a new forum and I wanted it at the bottom of my other forums but it placed it at the top and I cant find the option anymore to change the forum orders. This new admin panel is driving me crazy today..lol

Never mind...figured it out...you have to "edit" the forum you want to move and select which forum you want it to appear under. One of my admins was able to drag the forums up or down but that didnt work for me for some reason. It's been a looong day lol

Caveninit I couldn't believe you had to edit to move a forum, so investigated. You have to be very careful in positioning your forums, ghost the area and then slip it into postilion/place if you don't do this then they won't move.

caveninit wrote:Never mind...figured it out...you have to "edit" the forum you want to move and select which forum you want it to appear under. One of my admins was able to drag the forums up or down but that didnt work for me for some reason. It's been a looong day lol

Your ... it's been a looong day was so relatable!! lol .... All these changes are such fun, arent they?? ... glad you figured it out, I haven't even been there yet! ha,ha