how do you change

Author Comment

How do change forums ,,you can not delete or change info on forums now. you can only add..so please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

At the far right of each forum there are icons, choose the one with the pen and you can edit...there is also an option to delete or change settings

nothing there yet...catt

Catt try this;
In Admin
Left Hand Side, Scroll Down, click on Manage Forums,
You should now be seeing your Forums,
On the Far Right Hand Side (top) you should see buttons,
rest your mouse on them and they should tell you what they are
the furthest one is the delete button.

Now I would like someone to tell me that there is a command there if I were to hit delete by accident that it would be asking me "am I sure I want to do this"? I know we all hate this command but it is there for a reason.

Admin

Confirm Delete

Are you sure you want to delete the Forum "xxxx xxxx xxxx"? All posts and subforums of this forum will also be deleted.

Hadn't thought about that one, Red.  I guess that does make the small and close together icons a little safer. 

There is no buttons. i am admin on several groups and there are no buttons. just fourums in a list no buttons...

Admin

I was in the middle of preparing a screenshot for this and going to link the images too, when I realized how this has been done and what has messed up other things for board owners and admins. Yuku are gonna have to set this straight and come up with a much better way of dealing with these icons (and preferably by losing Font Awesome).

cattag2, I suggest you clear your cache and try again. If that does not work, submit a ticket on it.

(Would you also please refrain from posting in such an offensively huge font?)

frustration  causes large font sorry. but there are no buttons on my admin.

Admin

andrew wrote:cattag2, I suggest you clear your cache and try again. If that does not work, submit a ticket on it.
http://help.yuku.com/support/tickets/new

Have you found them Cattag...they are there. as others have said...go to the admin panel...left hand side find seetings then manage forums, click manage forums...now you will see this
the tiny images far right are the buttons...hovver your mouse to choose which one you want

Admin

I believe he is not seeing them for some reason. It is actually a font and not an image:

http://fortawesome.github.com/Font-Awesome/#icons-web-app

IMHO, it is a poor design that does not allow for operation without "extras" like this, JavaScript or images, especially in a control panel situation. Text always works and on the case of the original control panel did the job just fine as well as clearly. Sure prettiness can be added but there should be a fail-safe.

but why can everyone else see them...ive had all my admins check and they can see them...very odd

Admin

I agree that it is odd but there could be many reasons why he is not seeing them.

This is a beta Control Panel, which has been slammed into production, leaving some people with no options. If the beta was an opt-in/out function, it would be safe. As it is not and issues have not been dealt with before implementing it as the sole option, I really think it is up to yuku to resolve this.

As cattag2 has come in here and yet not given any relevant detail like browser, version, link to his board, etc. he cannot be helped.

In short: yuku caused the problem, so let them deal with it.

It is a design flaw. Towards this end, it should be reported.

If I were to take a stab at it, there is every chance cattag2 is using IE6, which will not support the font. Yes, a solution would be to upgrade to a modern browser and yes that too would be the best thing to do but a control panel should work for everyone and have fail-safes built in.

I would think that maybe if the default font of a browser is large you might not see things as they would be no room for them.
That is weird that some people would not have them though. 

Admin

I did experiment with that Pearl and yes there is an issue (the content drops below the sidebar) but it did remain functional.

Cattag is using ie9 ,cleared his cached cookies.. new laptop. see the buttons on members .. but nothing else. have a support messaged sent. never ever ever ever got any help from yuku support. waste of time.. i will just leave all my fourums alone.. until yuku gets their act together. which in the past means never.. cattag

Admin

Cattag2, I believe you may be seeing this (square) character -> □ <- , where the icons are supposed to be. Hover them and they will tell you what they are.  (See Jayne's screenshot for location.)

You had no need to clear cookies.  Cookies and cache are two entirely different things!  On IE the cache is called "Temporary Internet Files".  Additionally, you need to ensure that "Preserve favorites website data" is UN-checked.  In short, the ONLY box that should be checked is "Temporary Internet Files".

Cattag i think you are getting frustrated and there is no need, we are trying to help you, by leaving your forums alone isnt going to help you as yuku wont know you have a problem...i dont know why you have never had any help from yuku, are you checking you emails?, yuku always reply to support tickets, they would not ignore a ticket, you may not get the reply you want but they do reply...
have you done any of the above that Andrew has asked you to do, did you see my screenshot, do you see the icons or the squares that Andrew has shown you

I just saw this and wanted to add my experience....
I had no trouble seeing these little icons in my groups or the groups I'm Admin in....but several of my administrators did....I put in a ticket and got the same "clear cookies/browser, etc" reply.  Then one of my admin's switched browers and she could see the icons.
So that's how we got around that !

Need to figure why some are having trouble here and I think Pearl is on the right track. I tested this in I.E.9 and Chrome and I am seeing everything. I will try my lap-top tomorrow.

Cattag don't forget to check you spam folder for Yuku correspondence it often goes there. Or do what I do keep a bookmark of your open ticket so when you don't get a reply just load up this page and see if anything has been added. These mails often do get lost it has happened to me.