Andrew pls help me

Author Comment

I just signed up for a new board and have been told by Mosken you may be able to help. I signed into Friends Intl. and two days later signed up for my own board... Now my name is linked with Friends as Geddyup.sunshine... That is how my user name shows on my board... If I try to invite people it shows inviting to the Friends board... I have gone thru each and every FAQ I can find and have sent a msg to yuku but have not heard back... If I sign in with the same name same password just a new e-mail will I lose what I have started on my board... I have known sunshine for almost 10 years and her name came from me posting to her Good Morning Sunshine... Not trying to get points here Image if you can help I would appreciate anything and everything...
Annie

As you can see I show as geddyup.sunshine35446...

Admin

As you have only just created the new board, why not sign-up under a global username (geddyup.u.yuku.com is not allocated) and start a new board?  Alternatively, you could just give your Global profile admin privileges.

You would need a different email address unless you are a yuku supporter.  To create a new Global account, sign-out of yuku and visit the yuku homepage.  At the top right, you will see a "Join Now" link.  That link takes you to this page: http://www.yuku.com/portal/register ,where you can create a username without the boardname on the end.

We can direct you on how to do things if need be or there is plenty of help for what you need to do (whatever you choose) at http://help.yuku.com/kb/

thanks I think I understand what you are telling me... I appreciate ur help and I might be back to ask more ? again thanks

Andrew one more ? please if I do this I will lose the board I have started and will have to start a new one if so will I be able to keep the name of the board... I apologize for being so ditsy but all of this is new to me... I have people registered and hate to lose all that I have started...

Admin

So long as you do not request deletion of your Local Profile, you will not lose the board. Just pop a post on your board with your new Global Username and then switch back to your Local Username and make your Global Username an Administrator. Functionally, that is you done.

Optionally, you can transfer your board Ownership to your new Global Profile.

Optionally, you can request for both profiles to be placed on the same Account if you are or ever become a yuku Supporter. Submitting a ticket would be necessary for that.

More help:
http://help.yuku.com/kb/a...s/changing-your-username
http://help.yuku.com/kb/a...ng-an-additional-profile

Andrew another ? pls. I signed with a new profile of Geddy but now have lost the admin button for ownership of the board...

Andrew I figured it out yeah! thanks a bunch for the help... I just switch to the original name to get to admin... You are the greatest..

Andrew pls help again. I am so sorry but I thought I was switching my smilies and I took all of them out even the above spellcheck and everything that is before spellcheck... Now I can't get it back...
Thanks for being so patient with me.

Admin

I'm not sure what you have done. This page should help.

http://help.yuku.com/kb/a.../emoticons-in-your-group

Thanks for your response and after stepping off for awhile I don't think I did anything wrong I think I hit quick reply which does not show the smilies versus the other reply....

..... If you can help me with this... Some are asking me if they can delete or edit their post after posting I show that ability when I sign in as admin but not with the new name of geddy... I will submit a ticket to transfer ownership of the board from geddyup to geddy.... I have checked everything I can but it still does not show that a poster can delete their post or edit...
Thanks again you are most helpful and today I will print off all of the info under forum help... My son in law is coming this weekend to help me with some questions I have and hopefully he will be able to help with this...
Have a great weekend..

Hi Geddyup.
If you want to change your settings for who can delete posts, click on "admin" at the top of your groups front page, then community settings, then manage forums.  Choose the forum you want to allow post deletions, click on settings and then scroll down near the bottom of the page.  You will see there where you can set your preferences for who can delete posts in that specific forum.

Hope this helps.  Image

Edited for spelling mistake

Thanks auntiem

Your welcome. Image

Admin

Geddy, you will need to sign-in with your Owner's ID and make your second ID an Administrator for your board. That way, you will not have to keep switching.

See this page for assistance:
http://help.yuku.com/kb/a...managing-a-single-member

Thanks Andrew and I did that and made me the admin... When I pay I need to pay in the name of the owner... I tried sending a ticket but when I hit submit it tells me my e-mail is invalid and my name and password are not in the system... Today I am noticing that people signing up at the board and they have yaba.theviewmcr with their profile do they have to post to actually show up as a member...
Thanks for all your help and everyone have a wonderful weekendImage

Admin

No, anyone can pay for Gold.

No-one is a Member until they make their first post on a board.

This may help with the ticket:
http://help.yuku.com/kb/a...l-how-to-submit-a-ticket

Alternatively, you could just send an email to:

getsatisfaction [at] yuku.com

and they will be able to sort it out from there.

Thanks Andrew and I am confused about paying for gold.. when I pay $54.00 for gold that keeps the ads off the board for each member or just me... I had my husband read that and he can't figure it out either...Thanks for your speedy reply... Truly appreciated.

Admin

That keeps your board ad-free for a year, for you and your members. They will see ads on other boards though. However, if you pay the gold, you will get some free "Supporter" as a bonus and you would not see adverts on other boards.

Good morning and I have another ? I am not sure about tags and did read all the instructions but I am trying to enter a tag about right click...I added the url to tag which appears on posts but I don't have anything on our board like the instructions state... I entered the tag to make one topic as a sticky but it is not working... What am I doing wrong...Image
Thanks everyone for your help