Does anyone know where.....

Author Comment
Aus

I can find out how to link a yuku account to Photobucket using the new profiles.

I have a new member who is having a devil of a job trying to figure out where to go....of course just joining yuku she's been lumbered with the new profile. 

I have kept my old profile......and will do so for as long as possible as I like the ability to be able to put 'tags/images' in posts which you cant do with the new one.

So I have no idea of how or where she should look to do this.  In fact.....is it even possible with the new ones??? 
At the moment she's posting images using the PB code but its a lot easier to just hit the icon on the reply box tool bar and do it that way.

So where can I find out how to do this please??

Admin

You have to submit a ticket and get a member of staff to do this, Aus. Sorry. I guess that bit hasn't been built.

Aus

And people wonder why I don't like the new profiles!!!!!!!! 

That is pretty pathetic if they can't put a pic in a post in a group from PB just because they have a new profile!!! Image

Admin

This is as much as we know about the intention for these beta profiles.
6.) What are plans for new profiles?

Many of you are already using the new profile features. The features that had been asked for the most (buzz, friends feed, comments in what I've been up to, shout boxes, advanced photo editing) were added first. Then yuku people asked for the skin editor and we added it too. We are listening and adding new features as time and resources allow us. Next steps plan are performance optimization, then points (known as kudos), gifts, buzz image sharing, etc, one of them at the time.
Quite obviously the capability is there, just not the interface to do anything with it.  It will keep the help-desk busy.

I post PB images all the time in my posts....If you click on the button next to the smiley on the reply or post window bar....a little window will come up asking you if you want to link to your PB account, you will be asked to give your id and password on PB.  At least that what I remember doing at least 1 year ago...and I use it all the time.

Is this what you are asking for Aus?

Aus

Pearl did you link your account with PB when you had the old profile?  Apparently if you then switch to the new one it works.

If you have a new profile and you are new to open an account with yuku,  you can't it seems.

When they post in a reply the icon is there to insert a PB image but she can't find where to link her account to PB.

I'm not talking about posting images in profiles.........I'm talking about posting pics in reply posts etc.  

As I don't have a 'new' account I can't look in my account to find out.  And pretty much most of my members have stuck with the old profiles.
So none of them can look either!!

Admin

Aus, I came here because I remembered that link.  What I said before may relate to changing Photobucket accounts and not a first time connection.

If your Member goes to the reply editor and clicks the Photobucket button, she will get a small dialog box pop up. 

Notice

Use your PhotoBucket images in your Yuku posts. Click here to link your PhotoBucket account with your Yuku account.

If you dont have a Photobucket account yet, you can create one

Clicking the "here" link then opens a pop-up offering Photobucket Login.  I would assume following any directions there would make the connection.

Aus

Thanks Mate!!

I'll tell her to try that.

I really don't want to go to support......can't find anything and hate the ticketing system......although a lot of places are using it now.

I'd much prefer to 'talk' to someone like this because it often helps others as well where as the tickets they answer and just close it.

Will let you know how she goes.

Admin

Thanks Aus. I appreciate that. Apologies but I am a little rusty and there are a few new things.

Hello Aus, it doesn't matter if you have a new or old profile to do what I suggested.  It works for both new and old profiles the same way.
The way I linked my photobucket account to my yuku account was with the button in the post and reply window.
When you click on it....it will ask you your id and password on PB....you can share your PB account with all your profiles that way.
It works for me....

In the new profiles it has a setting where you can link or unlink your PB account also...I have not used it, I did it the way I already described.

With Andrews instructions you now have different ways of doing it also.
Whatever works best for you friend or anyone else reading here.
One suit does not fit all....so they sayImage

Aus

Thats just the thing......she can't find them in her profile/account anywhere to link them Pearl.
But it was what I was asking.....where in the new profile account is the part to do this. 

But .....

I've left a message for her to try Andrews suggestion.....not been in this morning to see how she went yet.

If that doesnt work I'll come back and see if someone can tell me where she has to look in her account to do it.

Admin

I just found this. It maybe explains it better than I did.

http://help.yuku.com/kb/a...tobucket-images-to-posts

That is exactly what I described to Aus but in my own words.....lol...
That is the only way to do it....not complicated at all.
Then she can use her photobucket images anywhere on Yuku.

Try it you will see how simple it is and then understand what we are suggesting Aus.