Is Yuku Down? - Check here and compare notes

Author Comment

DirtyDancer wrote:Oh well Michael and Ella, if yuku wasn't down I wouldn't have met you two. ;)

Again and again and again... thanks to yuku, DirtyDancer. ;) :lol

And it's still down. I'll be shocked if it comes back before my bedtime (about 7 hours from now).

Sorry I got your name wrong Elara.
Anyway Yuku has just come back......wooop wooop! :)

That's okay, DirtyDancer. :) You just gave me a new nickname, that's all. :D

Yep, it's back... sort of. It's there, but missing stuff from last night. Then, the stuff is back and all is good, but wouldn't you know it, it was gone again. Last I looked, everything was back (posts from last night), so hopefully it is all good and holding steady. Yay!

Update at 7:00 pm EDT: Nearly all servers and communities are back on line at this time. C15 is repairing, C7 is still off line.

Excellent - once again thanks for the news, Sally :D

Hi, DirtyDancer :)

Michael

Hi Michael. :D

Yuku is down at the moment. FYI

Yes it's down Sal. :\

Down for nine hours?

1992casey wrote:Down for nine hours?

He was totally down precisely the full 22 hours. After that he started to "eat" posts, something similar like ezboard 2005. But fortunately not irreversible. This time posts are not deleted completely, but it is impossible to see them after every page refreshing.

There are frequent 404 errors when opening a new topic, . etc.

And this has been going on for almost 12 hours.

The hundreds, probably thousands of pages are still completely inaccessible, with "white pages" (504 errors).

Its been almost 2 days of problems.

Admin

So... Still no cause reported? e.g. Who borked what and why?

There have been no reports of any issues at the Alchemy Solutions Irvine data center, making power failure extremely unlikely. The Crowdgather site hosted in the same data center remained up, suggesting this issue only affected Crowdgather's forum servers.

It looks like Freeforums get the lowest priority.

Once upon a time I used to get emails asking for assistance with yuku issues at times like these. Kind of an eye opener that the emails I got this time around ask "do you know if YUKU closed down?".

Credit where credit is due and the majority of the data has (or is being) recovered. Credit for putting the network live, allowing members to at least see most of their data is intact. I will assume just about all hands were on deck and people made do with minimal breaks and sleep, so credit there (and go and rest up).

The fall-down areas are in getting news to members as quickly as possible. It really is not that hard to put up a maintenance page. It would not have been that hard to put up a global announcement, once live either. It took nearly a day before anyone took to the social media giving next to no explanation. As far as I am aware, not one thing has been said about the cause of the issue, which seems to have affected all yuku servers.

The lack of explanation and delays in informing people are yet again only going to erode any trust that members may have left. Some have brought up similarities to the alleged ezBoard hack of 2005. Others are asking for data backups, so they can feel more secure. (Not heard of anyone jumping ship ... yet!) I do feel that something should be done here, even if it is along the lines of what ProBoards have done.

I am satisfied. One designer from my forum team won in the Yuku competition for the "create your forum" button on the front page.

Yuku team yesterday paid us the Gold community for 61 days, and two days extra, to compensate the damage for two days of a server crash.

Forum is OK. There is only a problem with the clock - subtracts 26 minutes compared to the real-time posting.

Pictures of the future Yuku front page button (link to forum post)

And on yuku support forum on the top is the subject from the competition, there's a list of other solutions that have been presented.

I was just fine praises them - Yuku is down again.

Admin

Mostly down for me too. Might be worth you trying IE and see if that works. (Apologies for that horrific suggestion!)

andrew wrote:Mostly down for me too. Might be worth you trying IE and see if that works. (Apologies for that horrific suggestion!)

Haha, no need. Such sacrifice is not worth it because of the Yuku forums.

I never used IE online in my life more than 20 minutes.

I think total. :)

Yuku is not only "down", but he is totally disconnected from the Internet.

I do not know how this situation accurately called, not present?

Website Name:
URL Checked: www.yuku.com

Response Time: no response
Down For: ~3 hours 9 mins

DOWN

Yuku.com is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding...

I wonder if this is the beginning of the end.

Now I'll tell you something. When I announced to Yuku all these posts as well as here, I automatically got (reward) limit in the form of a:

You have exceeded your daily reply limit of 1 posts. Please contact a community administrator if you want it adjusted

on their support forum. Thus, the forum in which they seek customers feedback. :)

But on the main (Yuku support) forum I did not specifically write about anything, I've only left a link to my forum where all these failures and deficiencies are specifically described (about error 403).

Can you imagine such an unprofessional relationship?

Can I as a longtime member of the community have a right to draw attention to the justified and present failures? Obvious not.

My writing can not debase-undermine their reputation, they do it themselves, especially with "crossed fingers" as the last argument that everything will be OK (just a few hours before the total "down").

Facebook page on which is Yuku generally from October 13 does not function, the editors do not exist.

http://www.facebook.com/Yuku-291952367555110

http://www.facebook.com/Friends-of-Yuku-144777700420

In addition, my forum is a long-term paid. Who will return my money? ;)

Network status update from Yuku;

Oct 14 15 12:53 AM

Hello everyone,

Our entire network was taken down for an unscheduled maintenance. At this time, most servers are up and have had a repair. Some repairs are still running, however.

What to expect:

- Some boards will still be down while the databases are being repaired.
- Most boards are up but may experience intermittent whitewalls, slowness, and especially lags. These lags can be rather big (e.g. you may see the forums go far back in time).

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this is causing, and will update again as soon as we have more news. Unfortunately, we were not able to post here earlier due to the support forum being down as well.

Please bookmark http://help.yuku.com/support/tickets/new . This will always be up and accessible when the forums are down, and you are more than welcome to contact us via that route for updates.

Thank you.