Is Yuku Down? - Check here and compare notes

Author Comment

Admin

Um... That's nine day old news! :rollin

The issue both times was in relation to two different power strips (fancy ones). Board servers were attached to the first one, causing a degree of data corruption, which required repair. Second time around, other servers were affected, meaning board data remained intact.

I presume this is an Alchemy Communications related issue but odd that none of their other clients have ever reported similar happening and in particular at the Irvine data center.

In light of this, all I can say is: poor response times...

Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 11 days later

And today the same. Some forums are totally inaccessible, and some continue to play "hide and seek" with the posts. The only thing that is for these eleven days solved is the clock backlog of 26 minutes.

There was an another novelty that was not so far.

Now these things begin to reflect on the forum management. Yesterday during the day the individual members on some forums, moderators, suddenly lost their moderator functions.

They had turned into ordinary members.

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 12 days later

Yuku is not "down" today, forums are available. But a good part of them (especially the OLD UI forums) still operates on the principle of a "seesaw". Posts are returning to the old state (appear and disappear) again and again.

There are no more fresh news or notifications on their two forums (nor anywhere else), regarding these problems, like everything is resolved. It looks like it was the most important to them just not to be "down".

As they constantly pour water into the hollow bottle - it does not matter what she flowing out, it is important to have water up to the top ..

It might be inappropriate to quote what Marcellus said to Horace.

What and where is "rotten", that nobody knows. ;)

P.S.

I hope I will not be in a situation here that I have to write 28 days later..
Then would it be called Zombie Diary. :rollin

But the way things are going, I'm afraid that it will be so. :\

Admin

Interesting points.

Something else I noticed were how these various issues - no matter what they are - tend to run in spates. I don't recall seeing this prior to CrowdGather's time but I could easily be wrong. By that, I mean similar or related issues are experienced over a period of a few weeks, spread over different occasions. After that, a spell where all is well.

A little research on Alchemy Communications insofar as any power related issues (and remember, we have both UPS and backup generators) throws up very little of recent years. More specifically, relating to power strips, there has been not a thing in over 3 years and prior to that, half the outages were planned maintenance on the power strips.

What do I take from that?

Firstly, it would appear that if maintenance is carried out, then issues appear to be able to be identified before there is any failure. Secondly, These are isolated. i.e. not like someone can say there was a bad batch. Thirdly, the recent Yuku issues simply do not fit this pattern.

yeah it may of been old news . 8o
i thought the link to Yuku Tickets would be worth it.

Andrew please may I copy and paste your lead post into a yuku group?
I will understand if you rather I didn't.

Admin

I don't see why not, so long as a credit link is discretely added at the end. I've not verified that all links are still good.

Thank you Andrew.

Yuku is acting very strange for me
When I try to sign in as Gran.. I get the white page or "Yuku is down for maintenance"
Went to google Chrome.. same thing
Others can get in and are posting.. How do I know that you wonder?
Well I was able to see my group but as soon as I tried to sign in I got the same result
I restarted my PC deleted temp files. Deleted ad blocker.
When I sign into Yuku with another profile I am able to get in. It is Just Gran that can't
Any Ideas Andrew?

Admin

Sounds like there was a profile server issue.

It worked itself out Thanks for your attention Andrew