Admin to Mod or Member

Author Comment
Aus

How does one make an Admin down to a mod or a member?
I cant find anything over at the other waste of space supposedly support place!! Image

I'm the owner of my board and one of my admins wants to 'back off'  for a while but I cant do it. 

Admin

Aus, you might need to use your Owner's profile to do this as you may not have given your Admin profile the privileges to promote/demote to Admin. (off by default)

Go into Member Management and click on the username and you should see 4 buttons in Custom Settings. The top one should say, "Demote to Member". Just press that.

Aus

Hmmm I'll have to go look at those privleges.   So how I give me all of them  Image 
I'm assuming by your reply I can??  

And yes......your right.......Owner me could drop her back to member in there.   Thanks

Admin

You will need to go into Member Management and click on the Admin that you wish to alter and check the "administrator moderation promote/demote members to admin." box at the top of the Admin Powers section.

Aus

I have 2 profile names for my group.  Both are Admin status.
But one is listed as 'the owner'  not Admin.....

The owner name I can demote to member.......the Admin I cant.
So can only one then do the owner/admin things??

Not a biggy, cos I'll just switch names if I need to do those sorts of things then. 

Exactly.  The owner controls promotion and demotion of administrators.  That way they technically should not lose control of their board.  Otherwise a rogue administrator could demote other administrators to strip them of their powers.

Tom

Aus

lol....so when I'm having a bad day and am fighting with myself I can't do nasty things to me.....right???

Love it.
But yeah..I guess I didn't think of that ...well prob did but didn't if you know what I mean.

Thanks Tom!!