Help Plz (Video Clip)

Author Comment

This is a message from a team member where I belong.
If you can help plz Andrew.
Thank you.
I am running Windows 8.
But when ever trying to watch a video clip, it keeps stopping and going into buffering mode, then starts running again.
I seem to think I have at some time heard that this is due to my buffers being too small.
So I have the following questions.
Does anyone know if this is a factIf so does anyone know how to increase buffer size.Looking forward to your advice on this.

Admin

Your connection is likely too slow.

First run a quick test at http://www.speedtest.net and post back your download speed.

Does this coincide with people turning on Christmas lights, some other appliance (not necessarily in your own house), street lights or something like that? Look for a pattern in times when this symptom occurs.

Alternatively, is there someone else in the house using the Internet and diminishing your bandwidth? This could also be a sign of an insecure router and neighbour is using your connection.

Could be a wifi issue (try changing channel).

There are many things this could be including a faulty line.

We need to find out what your speed is and what it should be and then eliminate.

If you can compare speeds with a machine that is connected to your router with a wired connection, that would eliminate a wireless network issue.

We have a lot to work through and this is necessary to pin-point the cause of the issue. If the cause is found to be in your own home, then you will be charged when Openreach is called out. We should try and do this fast because if it is interference from a 3rd party - which is highly likely at this time of year - the process will be so slow that the issue may resolve itself before the right action is taken by PN/OR.

Thank you, passed on.

Admin

Oops, I did not properly read and did not realize this was being relayed. :o Advice is right though! :D