View Count Statistics for a Period

Author Comment

Is there anyway to know how many views happened in, let's say, the last year?

Admin

Only if someone has kept a note or the pages happen to have been stored by the WayBackMachine. Of course, you would also have to have views enabled.

The stats only cover the previous three months.

interesting. there's not a lot of activity until 2013.
thank you

Admin

I think you knew that, especially when you stumbled across the fact that board was migrated from ezBoard. It's a shame nobody was with the board when it migrated because they would have spotted the borked migration, losing the majority of posts.

I'm not sure how you draw the conclusion there was not a lot of activity until 2013 because earlier stats do not exist.

02/24/13 09:56:48
203206 Total visits
46199 Total views

05/15/13 15:43:55
207337 Total visits
58010 Total views

06/27/13 03:59:57
208777 Total visits
116094 Total views

i guess i read the graft wrong.
i can't believe there were that many views.
can yuku be wrong?

Admin

Stats are open to interpretation. What you really want to know, you cannot tell. If you jump into Member Management though, you will find the last visit date of your individual members.

Remember, for nostalgia and memories, people may only visit once every few months or every couple of years and all they may need is to soak in the view. You'd be lucky if there were 100 visits a year of that type, not counting you.

Also, you are never alone when you do things. The Trend Micro "ghost" follows your every move. When you do something once, it counts as twice.

Drive-bys and bots will rack up the stats in the main.

In short, you will never know, so it is pointless bothering about it.

if you prefer to not use the pm here then i won't
my email is fine

this is what i mean by yuku error>
these are on the same day at different times during the day.
8 Visitors in the last day
13 Visitors in the last day
1 Visitors in the last day

Admin

Yes, that makes sense.

At 7PM EST, the new day begins as this is midnight GMT. Like this:

01:00 (8PM EST) you have had one visitor in the last hour.
08:00 (3AM EST) you have had 8 visitors in the last 8 hours.
13:00 (8AM EST) you have had 13 visitors in the last 13 hours.

Again though, these numbers are fairly meaningless. If you visit the home page, that is one visit from you and one visit from TrendMicro. Click on a forum and that is still one visit from you and now two visits from TrendMicro. Open a topic and that remains one visit from you and three visits from TrendMicro ... and so on. It is not like TrendMicro use the same IP all the time, it changes all the time.

In that count are also spiders like Google, Bing, Yahoo, AlexaBot, Exabot, etc.

Then, there will likely be a time-out period. I have no clue what this may be set to on yuku but commonly it is half an hour. Say I visit at 1PM and look at a few pages, that is one visit. If I return after the elapsed period of time, I am still the same "visitor" but yet I am having another "visit".

If that is the range of numbers for a day, the site is practically dead. What you need to do is get the numbers just BEFORE 7PM EST and that number will be how many you have had in the previous 24 hours.

I just had a quick glance at my stats for this board for yesterday (PST). Your IP address made 240 "requests"; this number includes things like avatars and other images: it is not the number of pages. TrendMicro made 36 requests. TrendMicro does not look at images though. It will also remember what it has seen for a period of time, to help prevent over-crawling. These numbers make sense to me! If I tie that up together, and look at it from the point of view of "visits", that is 37 visits from 2 "visitors" (who is really only one person).

I can differentiate the stats like that because I am interpreting with the knowledge of how TrendMicro behaves. Without that knowledge, it looks more like 38 "visitors".

yes i see about the views. i guess micro trend is a spy.

Admin

In a sense yes. It is supposed to be checking the quality of the pages you view but it does not do this until after you view them. This may protect others but it does not help first time visitors to a page.