Is it windows 7 or FF

Author Comment

Normally when you hovver over a topic title you can read some lines of the post....ive noticed today i can no longer do that...is it just me,windows 7 or FF

Admin

I think we need to gather some info here. Can everyone check and see that if they hover the post title that the beginning of the content appears as a tool-tip?

Working for me in XP + FF3.6.6

I'm seeing the tooltips in:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13

Ok just tried IE8 and its working so it must bbr FF 3.5.16 then...so when and how did that stop

No, Jayne, I have XP and use Firefox 3.5.16, and I can mouse over without any problems.

What add-ons do you have with your FF? I've got AdBlock Plus the element hider for AdBlock Plus, Better Privacy,Java Quick Starter, Microsoft Net Framework assitant, Vacuum Places Improved and Movie Media Player 7.

You might try disabling your add-ons one by one to see if one of them is what's causing it, or maybe you just need to delete your history and temporary internet files. To do that, go to tools > clear recent history.

I have windows 7 it could be that, i only have adblock as an add on i dont have any others and i cleared my cache and stuff when i realised the tooltips werent showing

I'm on Win7 32bit  and FF 3.5 and it is working for me. Image

Oh well....not working for me

Admin

FF3.5.16 is only available as 32bit. 3.5.8 is the last 64 bit version.

http://wiki.mozilla-x86-64.com/Firefox:Download

There is a 3.7 or 4 version there, that you might like to try.

I dare not, i know 3.6 wont allow me to C&P background sets and thats what my group is all about...it strips the code, so as my windows 7 is 64bit is that whats doing it
Ive also noticed i cant do embedded links anymore either, we use them from youtube but i cant...god i hate windows 7

Admin

Jayne, if you look at that page, you can get FF 3.5.8 , which will work for you but it is not as up to date.

The problem is that you are using a 32-bit version of FireFox on a 64-bit Operating System.

For YouTube, that is actually a YouTube change of code. You can still embed videos though. More detail here:
http://help.yuku.com/kb/a...ube-videos-to-your-posts