Anyone from the UK?

Author Comment

Besides Andrew that is.Yuku is fine for me in the mornings but once it hits midday everything slows down,I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

I'm in Norway and have the same experience as you. I reported this to Yuku over and over again last fall. Nothing was changed.

Red Rubie wrote:Besides Andrew that is.Yuku is fine for me in the mornings but once it hits midday everything slows down,I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?
Hi! no problem here Rubie i'm in the SE near London and my ISP is Sky, is it just Yuku that slows down or all USA sites?
mick

Sunshine56 wrote:

I'm in Norway and have the same experience as you. I reported this to Yuku over and over again last fall. Nothing was changed.

It has only been happening to me since the new owners took over Sunshine,I thought it might be to do with that,I will wait a while before I report it,sorry it 's been happening so long for you.Image

LifesEnigma wrote:
Red Rubie wrote:Besides Andrew that is.Yuku is fine for me in the mornings but once it hits midday everything slows down,I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?
Hi! no problem here Rubie i'm in the SE near London and my ISP is Sky, is it just Yuku that slows down or all USA sites?
mick
Hi Mick,I'm in the East ,i'm with Virginmedia,it is nowhere else on the Internet,only Yuku,everywhere is fast,just unlucky,LOL.

It's only Yuku for me also.

It's been slightly better today,no showdown at Noon,lol.

I'm in Israel, an hour's difference, and the same happens to me and everybody else on my board. It's a yuku issue.

I am in Holland so an hour an head, and yes have the same problems, but yuku has been slow for a while now

So nice to hear where you guys are coming from!

It seems to be Europe and the middle East but not the US,strange.Image Today was really bad after noon again.

Admin

That sort of time is when the backups get done. Noon would be 4am PST. This is what I have here today: "Last Backup: 02/01/2011 04:47:44". Noon would be 7am EST or 6am CST and I'm sure a number of people will login for their morning fix. Image

Much of this should be a non-issue once the boards are served from Amazon Cloud.

Typical Andrew,just when I need my fix too.Image

Admin

Well, some places actually close the boards while a backup is run, so maybe a little slowness isn't that bad?

Slowness isn't bad. It's annoying, but it's not bad. Disappearing posts that resurface much later - that's bad Image

andrew wrote:Well, some places actually close the boards while a backup is run, so maybe a little slowness isn't that bad?
Probably not Andrew,but annoying as Shery says.Image