posting videos

Author Comment

I have not been able to post videos...I know how to, I posted many of them by c/p the embed code into "add from HTML
....I thought there was something that got unchecked by mistake on my board, but today I tried my sister board and I can't post videos there either....any idea why anyone?

Admin

I posted one a couple of days ago and it was fine. Just making a test post using the same method below. Looks OK in preview. FF3.6.6

Admin

What was the video that you were trying to post and which browser and version are you using?

this video from Adam L. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsPFDzAGb4A&NR=1     
Thank you A.

sorry forgot browser IE7

Admin

Little Elf, when I visit that page, I get the message, "This video contains content from Vevo, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry about that."

Perhaps this is the answer. Could you try and repost the video I posted above?

http://www.youtube.com/wa...&feature=player_embedded

I tried the kitty video above, nope can't post it!
...it let me copy the code but when I click insert nothing shows up!

Admin

Admin

If you have another browser you could use to test, please try that.

I would suggest you clear your temporary internet files and try again.

FF wont even open!... something about proxy setting....tried to restore default settings for IE but window said it  encountered a problem installing the driver software for my device...what's a device? Image
Help!!!!!

Admin

OK, I think we need to side-track. What security software are you using?

I have the latest version of WebRoot, that proved insufficient so a few weeks ago we added Norton Security Suite

Admin

Ah. That's probably where the problem lies. In one way, you can relax because you are probably very secure and all is well in that department. In another way, you will be having problems.

One should never have more than one type of security product running at a time. By rights, Webroot should have been uninstalled before installing Norton. Security software usually conflicts while they both aggressively try to protect your system and themselves.

I'm unfamilar with WebRoot. Norton certainly interferes with your connection settings. Perhaps WebRoot does too. I don't know.

OK, I just had a glance at this page:
http://support.webroot.co...std_adp.php?p_faqid=2223

Note in section #3, there is reference to a removal tool (CleanWDF.exe). In section #5, there is reference to an upgrade tool (WRUpgradeTool.exe).

The need for these tools infers that a simple uninstall is just not good enough. Stray files and settings are left behind, which can interfere with other things.

BOTH NIS and WebRoot are inserting themselves between you and the Internet. (reference to "something about proxy setting" above) They are conflicting.

I would suggest that you download both removal tools, as well as the Norton Removal Tool (just in case).
http://us.norton.com/supp...;docurl=20080828154508EN

Save any instructions and make a note of your Norton Product Number. If you downloaded NIS, make sure you have a copy of this as well.

All precautionary before you try anything.

I would attempt to use the Windows add or remove programs to uninstall WebRoot and then use the other tools to clean up. Reboots are necessary. Follow any instructions given to make sure these are done.

After this, check your Norton Status and if there is any issue, ask it to fix it. Try to connect to the Internet. Be patient, it may take a minute. If you are able to successfully connect, great! We'll move on.

If not, uninstall Norton, use the Norton Removal tool, reboot, reinstall Norton.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will certainly follow your advise!

ok,  done everything according to the instructions on those links!..I don't have webroot anymore...Norton is still running a complete scan.

Admin

Hmmm.... I know how long you have been at it then. Been there done that a few times.

Now, will Firefox open for you and connect now?

yes like all day! LOL
and nope! still gives proxy error

Admin

I didn't want to add "LOL" at the end. It takes hours!

OK, can you afford to lose your bookmarks and any settings you may have had in Firefox? If so, let's remove it entirely including your profile and do a clean install of the latest version. This is not just an attempt to get Firefox to work, it is a test to check that something is not interfering with your connection as well.

no problem, I have nothing on FF

I deleted FF! I can't restart the pc until Norton is done with the scan! It is still running "Disk Optimization" and after that there's just one more "backup default"