arrows

Author Comment

Admin

Perhaps instead of me guessing at so much, it would be better to define the requirements and in that way, it takes less time or effort on my part.

I also have no knowledge of what you do have, therefore I suggest you remove all and we start again.

I will stretch just a little further at the moment though because I feel that neither of the two options mentioned may suit your needs best. I will suggest that the arrow/s are placed in the right margin at the top and bottom corners. This method can be done on a skin by skin basis if desired.

Also before proceeding any further, I will require links to the arrows you wish to use.

The arrows are the ones you provided for me. i guess they are whats best for my needs. (sorry if i am not making myself clear with my needs)
i don't know how to put the arrows here but you can see them on my board.
i agree that it would be better to have them on the side.
the chirstmas skin i am using at the moment would be a good place to put the up and down arrows.
this is the link to the spa
http://spasally.yuku.com/topic/24/Stop- ... qUaOCembSi
i have not removed anything yet as i want you to see it how i have it.
thanks for your patience.

Admin

For Removal from Custom / Global Footer
<div style="text-align:center">
<a rel="nofollow" href="#" title="Jump to the top of the page">Top</a>
</div>
<a rel="nofollow" name="bottom"></a>
Also For Removal
The Auto Title

Custom Footer (or Global Footer for same/different arrows on multiple skins)
<a class="jump tb" href="#bottom" title="Jump to the bottom"></a>
<a class="jump tt" href="#" title="Jump to the top"></a>
<a name="bottom"></a>

Advanced CSS (or Global CSS for the same arrows on multiple skins)
.jump {
   display: block;
   width: 35px;
   height: 50px;
   position: fixed;
   right: 0px;
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
   background-position: center center;
   text-decoration: none;
}

.tt {
   bottom: 0px;
   background-image: url(http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/f6926175a57ed8ae9dfea34c2b76020a1f83ba92.gif);
}

.tb {
   top: 30px;
   background-image: url(http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/f5e16c587d8494eb47264ed9c4b8695831820674.gif);
}

CSS may require slight adjustment for fit, position and taste.

Note: The background images may be removed completely, just leaving "hot" corners.

okay it worked.
i would like some tweaks tho. in time.
nothing urgent now.
i think the arrows are too high and low on the skin.
i think they would be seen better and used more if they were closer to the threads. ?

Thank You

Admin

They look about right to me. Remember that people see different things depending on browser, window size and screen resolution. If they were moved, they would be sitting on top of the content for some.

okay Andrew, what ever you feel is the best view, is good with me.

now, what if in the future, i want to change the look of the arrows.
i saw where you had said to replace something or other with the image of choice. what do i need with the image. surely not just the image like this> 0] ? wouldn't i need something else?

again, not urgent , i know you have more pressing issues than to deal with my never ending questions. :o

Admin

I think if you try and read the code, it is quite obvious where the images are inserted. Simply follow the example set and replace one with another.

0] <- right-click it.

See the option to "Copy Image Location"?

Now paste that in your address bar and see what you have on your clipboard. On yuku, this is called the "Absolute URL". On PhotoBucket, this is called the "Direct Link".

Begins with http:// and ends with .gif, .jpg, .png or something. This is the only way to make images work anywhere on the Internet.

You know how to save an image. You know how to upload an image. I'm sure you know how to post an image too. Most likely, you know how to "add from URL" too (on yuku). This is no different. The image must be hosted somewhere and referenced using it's URL.

The reason I asked for images ahead of writing that code was two-fold. Firstly, I do not have to revisit this and nor do you. Secondly and more importantly, dimensions are important. If the replacement image chosen is significantly different in size, the width and height will need altered. If your images significantly differ in size from one to another then it needs more rewriting and specifically for the images you choose.

Thank you for the information and your time.

Admin

You're welcome. :)

oh Andrew, i would like to try the "Top and Bottom"
images like you have here.
i would like to have them in the same place as you have them.
can they be done on one skin or do they have to be on the whole board?
it doesn't matter which way they have to be, i think how you have it
would be better seen and more used.

Admin

I don't have top and bottom images here so I am very lost.

i can't get them either.
its words not images
you have them under each members avatar.
Top Bottom

Admin

The only realistic way to get anything in the poster-detail area is to use the Auto Titles.

Auto Titles are board wide and only update after a member has made a post.

The only way to achieve a forum by forum version of this is to code it so the auto-title is not seen in the forums you do not wish it and code it so that it is seen in the forums you do wish to see it.

This is not perfect but it could be made to work and again I ask for the images you wish to use, if you choose to embark on this.

Andrew i can not show you an image.
its words that say "Top " and "Bottom"
i clicked on your words and i do not get an url to be able to put here.

i guess i can take a screen shot.

Admin

OK, I need to think on that one. Text is different from images.

No, we can put words in the Auto Title and then hide them with Global CSS, then we can reveal them on a skin by skin basis. I'd probably need to know that I am matching though. i.e. what skin/s you wish to show the links on.

Admin

Auto Title
<div class="jumps">
<a class="jump down" href="#bottom" title="Go to bottom">Bottom</a>
<a class="jump up" href="#" title="Go to top">Top</a>
</div>

Global Footer
<a name="bottom"></a>

Global CSS
.jumps { display: none; }

Skin Advanced CSS
.jumps {
   display: block;
   width: 100px;
}

.jump.down { float: right; }

Requires further styling to be in keeping with the skin.

http://spasally.yuku.com/topic/47/Posit ... ts-For-You

good.thank you

see where it says "interact"?
can i have it near that. i guess above it?

edited. i see it is different on different skins.
http://spasally.yuku.com/topic/87/Chris ... at-the-spa

Admin

Firstly, I do not think there is any way that the links can be moved down to just above the Interact button.

Secondly, please reread where these codes were supposed to go. You have CSS intended for Global CSS in the Skin's Custom Footer.

Your latest question was based on a skin by skin principle and what you have done is show the links globally, therefore you should not have been seeing these links on any skin where you have not included the relevant Skin Advanced CSS.

I don't understand how i did it, but i knew it was something that i did wrong and must of switched around some codes. my bad~!

You said;" Firstly, I do not think there is any way that the links can be moved down to just above the Interact button."

that's fine . it is good enough where it is.
Thank You.

Admin

You're welcome. :)