music

Author Comment

music
i don't know where this question would be asked so I'll ask it here.

is there a way to have this music or any music of same kind added to my board so that it plays when someone visits?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOEvKulq2sY

i like this one also;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_2Fp8wYKl8

Admin

I do not know if this will still work but it is easy enough to try.

Add this to your skin's Custom Footer by means of using the the WYSIWYG skin editor and NOT "Edit HTML".

<embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/dOEvKulq2sY?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="20" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

2nd option
<embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/c_2Fp8wYKl8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="20" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

You MUST always edit the skin in the future using the WYSIWYG skin editor, otherwise the code will be stripped out upon saving.

You asked for music and yet you supplied videos. I sized these to 300x20 by sheer guesswork. People have to have a way to stop these playing if they so wish. You may need to adjust sizes.

Please also be aware that the video will restart with every single page that you load. People might find this rather annoying. It may be a better idea to post a video and allow people to leave that post open in a tab playing, if they so choose.

thank you Andrew, i did think about it and i thought about posting the video so that a member can use it if they wish.
i did wonder how they could play the video/music and move on to another forum or thread as i know the music stops apon leaving.
you explained that it can be done by opening it in another tab.
thank you for explaining it.
as for the music and me posting a video. i didnt know how to just get music with out a video attached to it. ( don't bother to explain as i prob. won't use just music)
i know in the back of my mind there was a question in yuku years ago about having music on someones board.
also you may find this odd (yes i know i am odd) but i do not use sound on my computer. i do at times go to youtube and play the videos. as long as its music i can "hear it" . ifs its talking i do not understand what is said.
thank you for your expertise.

Andrew, i need extra understanding about videos.
when i put an URL from you tube on the spa board, i get only the url to click on.
if i put a URL on another board it shows the video.
does that have anything to do with "WYSIWYG "?
and if it does, what steps do i have to do to use it?

Admin

It all comes down to where you are trying to post it.

1. Responsive Design is a no-go.
  2. WYSIWYG Post Editor will work with what I gave you above.
  3. Yuku 2 bbCode Post Editor will post the video from the URL in the address bar (or should).
  4. Conventional Boards will not accept the embed tag in Edit HTML.
  5. Conventional boards used to accept the embed tag if inserted using the WYSIWYG Skin Editor.

In short, this is another example of requiring a link to where it is supposed to be posted.

Admin

When using the WYSIWYG Post Editor, you either need to press "Insert Video" and then "Insert from HTML" (or whatever the words are) OR, paste in the embed code using the HTML button first.

The embed code is easily got by visiting the YouTube page, clicking "share", check "Use old embed code" and copy the result.

What I do not understand is how you have been able to successfully post some and yet not reproduce that in others. Is it possible yuku have changed something?

I tried a few times inserting from HTML and it wouldnt work. i don't think thats worked for a while. then i finally was able to insert it in the space next to the youtube word. that didnt work, then i shortened what i pasted there and then found it and clicked insert.
that worked.
I do not understand either why my first videos worked just fine by just pasting the URL in the post. yuku had said that is all you have to do.
if they've changed i do not know.

now we are at the open in a new tab. i see the video and i do not know how to get it to open in a new tab.
http://spasally.yuku.com/topic/26/Songs-and-Videos

Admin

Link to the topic:
<a target="_blank" title="Open music topic in a new tab" href="http://spasally.yuku.com/topic/26/">Music</a>

Link from the topic:
<a target="_blank" title="Browse the forum in a new tab" href="http://spasally.yuku.com/">Browse</a>

In the post, you would have to insert that using the HTML button. The target="_blank" part makes it open in a new tab.

The first one, you can insert in your Custom Header, Custom Footer, Global Header, Global Footer or Announcement Box. It just depends on where you might like to link to that topic and have it open in another tab.

To center align:
<p style="text-align:center">Insert Centered Stuff Here</p>

To right align:
<p style="text-align:right">Insert Right Aligned Stuff Here</p>

thank you. i'll see if i can follow the directions. later tho.

i tried my best and i can not get it to work.
when i go to the post where i want to listen to the music, it doesnt stay when i change forums.
when i added thru HTML the code in the post, it just HTMLd the whole post included the video. i don't want to wipe that out.
this is something i can not get my mind around.
i will try to understand what i am suppose to do here and work on it when i can.
thank you Andrew.

Admin

The concept is really very simple. A link is placed in the topic, which opens the board in a new tab. Conversely, a link is placed somewhere else that opens the topic in a new tab.

Place the link in a new post, if you are scared to HTML edit a post. Alternatively, make a fresh test post with both a video and a link in it.

whew. i am listening to music at the moment :)
now what is the first code (to topic) doing for me?
lalalallalalallaaaaaaaaaa

Admin

You can place that anywhere you wish, to open the music topic in a new tab.

You're lucky, that was my second answer! :P

i know what you left out in the first reply :eek
thanks again for your help.

Admin

I know what it looks like but it wasn't; your question can be read in more than one way. :)

i guess so but i meant it in the way i was thinking.

isn't it your bedtime |I

Admin

Well, I am afraid I am not in your mind, so I don't know what you are thinking. It was a good answer too but I don't think it was the one you wanted. Once I isolated the 2nd line from the rest of the post, I then answered that. :D

Yes you are!

Admin

I'd be lying if I said that that thought didn't cross my mind earlier today too. Spooky!