CSS code FAQ's section

Author Comment

I've been visiting the Knowledge Base and thinking about how it must seem to a person new to yuku who is trying to set up their first board.  Yikes.  I find that place to be a bunch of trails that lead to overview info but not really the skin/css info that I certainly needed when I was new.   I just hope that newbies somehow find their way here Andrew. 
Now to my suggestion.  ; )
I think it might be nice to have a section here that was just read-only css changes for altering the skins.  The questions that people asked over and over again at the old support board. 
I found this link in my favorites today and I have no clue where I got it, but if you go HERE.......this is what I'm thinking of.  The basic stuff for altering how a board looks/works. 

Admin

Hi Deb. Image

It's all kind of in hand. I've been working on pages and will create a new skin for here to match. These pages will contain links to all these topics and FAQs as they are written and can be connected. Unfortunately it all takes time.

I always start a board simply. It creates a very bad impression having 40 or 50 near empty or dead forums. However, I split it in three: Chat, yuku operation and skins. I am waiting for more topics to develop until I split the content down further. It would be good to separate Domain Skins from Profile Skins. This will be done when there are enough posts to reasonably make that split. Other divisions will become evident and then more splits will happen. The filing system will begin. LOL

Just watch over the next week or two. If you want or need something, just ask.

Oh sorry if it sounded like I was pushing Andrew.  I promise I wasn't.  Can't wait to see the things you're busy working on.  Image

Admin

Oh, not at all Deb! We're starting from nothing here and have to build it. Things weren't explicitly stated but on the other hand, nothing is set in stone either. If nobody speaks up, we don't know what people want or need. We're creating together here. I'm just the mechanic. LOL

It creates a very bad impression having 40 or 50 near empty or dead forums.

Exactly! So many people don't realize that.

I did know you were a mechanic, Andrew. :-) :-)

Yea for mechanicsImage
They are the creme of the creme!

Admin

I sent a PM via the interact button for the first time today and nearly sent it to the wrong person. If we take Andrew's avatar as an example, if you wanted to PM me (below him) you could be forgiven for thinking his interact button was mine.

Is it Bwayne's fault for wanting the arrows there? Just a thought, l'll stick to regular PMing. Image

I did know you were a mechanic, Andrew. :-) :-)

Was supposed to be "I did not know....." LOL

This is the avatar I use on one board as admin - maybe it would be particularly apt for Andrew?

LOL....Wendy, wish I could take credit for that ingenious addition to arrows under the avies.....but that was Andrew's brain child.....and I like them.  I really only wanted a top to bottom, bottom to top links......but this is better as you can navigate from anywhere in between.  If you will notice, the name and avie are preceding all the other additions under the avies and keep them pretty well separated.........but thanks for the compliment anyway.

Admin

paul4barbus wrote:This is the avatar I use on one board as admin - maybe it would be particularly apt for Andrew?

Image  That gives me an idea!

Fishooks ! Image

Admin

paul4barbus wrote:Fishooks ! Image
Maybe tomorrow.  Image

There's a reason for that particular avatar. (l was referring to Andrew's avatar).   

Hello Wendy,

I am sure Andrew has many things to do yet. A reason for the various items running together is because there are no borders added to the forum, thus no division between one post and the next above or below.

Martin.

Admin

There are actually borders. Perhaps your monitor is set incorrectly?

border-top: 1px dotted #b1b5b9;

Hi Andrew,

Yep the dotted border is showing, but was not when I posted the comment. Maybe my browser has gone dotty Image. Gone again. The dots don't show in IE8 compatibility mode, so my browser is dotty.

Martin.

I found this the other day and I thought of Andrew!
If he cant use it then he can strap this on when he is making his Pigeon holes LOL

I see dots too! I'm using Fox fire Image