New Photobucket button in the text editor

Author Comment

I just tested the new PB button using my Nexus,........... yayyyy ('ish)

Having selected image and clicked "paste image" nowt seemed to happen. My impatience prompted more clicks, then I pressed (several times) the Nexus's back button and eventually found I had several image links in my post.

Question : how did it know which of my six PB accounts to launch and how did it go directly to one non-public account without logging in?

Now (and this will be a separate topic) as my fat fingers are not yet educated in the gentle art of using a touch screen, and I aborted after three attempts to type this very post on the Nexus .....................

I resorted to my laptop. Proceeded to type this post BUT tried the PB button and it launched a Photobucket login page, but repeated attempts to login on the launched page failed, it just added an image search box to the top of the page with the login dets still contained in the boxes.

I tested logging in separately on a bookmarked PB page and it was fine.

Whether this is useful or not I'll leave it for you (Andrew) to decide (as if you haven't enough on your list :) . Since I know how to post an image (as below) in the "normal" way I have little need to persue this for myself :\

paul4

Admin

You were already logged-in to PB in the first case. The window that pops up from this site, opens an IFRAME on the PhotoBucket site. i.e. it is no different from visiting the site itself... with one exception! In your second case, you have 3rd party cookies disabled in your browser. This is a wise precaution but the button will not work with that setting.

As for the Android issue of multiple insertions without realizing, I have heard that before! :lol Now you know how it works, it should no longer be an issue.

Interesting, and a very useful reply Andrew, thanks

paul4

Ah ha. Just spent time trying to find out how to log out of this PB account.

Eventually found a 'logout' link right at the foot of the page

live and learn why can't I? :lol

paul4

Just tried the PB Button from my desktop (FF v18)

It launches a login screen, I log in, then it launches the same screen but with an image search bit at the top.

Doesn't work for me.

Admin

andrew wrote:you have 3rd party cookies disabled in your browser.

Tools > Options > Privacy > Use custom settings for history
Place a checkmark against "Accept third party cookies".
Click OK.

Sorry, senior moment. You told me that the other day and I just plain forgot.

Naughty step for me :o