Jump to First Unread Post

Author Comment

Been wondering if maybe you could make it so that when we (I) enter a thread we would be taken to the last post posted by the person (as myself) posted? I know it's possible my genius smarty pants friend I was just wondering if you would do that for me (us)?

Admin

Tap the unread indicator and it will take you right where you want. In case you are wondering what that is, it is the coloured speech bubble to the left (the solid one and not the open one).

You might wanna map out on where to find that function I'm on a laptop at the moment and can't find what you're directing me. 8o

On forum pages, click on this icon when it appears next to topic titles:

so that is just if you did not read that thread yet?
to me i think if we(I) are already in the thread and i would like to see the last post there should be a way to go to that last post without having to scroll to the bottom.
you have the arrow to go to the top and you used to have the top/bottom text.
just saying and yes I've said it before.
is that what you Meant Marie? or am i off somewhere?

Admin

Topics are chronological and skipping replies may make things out of context. Normal use would be reading from the first unread reply onwards; we cannot please everyone here.

Each Member also has the ability to view posts in whatever order they wish. Just visit your account's display options page and choose how you wish to view the post order.

To be absolutely clear: nothing is going to change from the way that it is.

Sally wrote:so that is just if you did not read that thread yet?
to me i think if we(I) are already in the thread and i would like to see the last post there should be a way to go to that last post without having to scroll to the bottom.
you have the arrow to go to the top and you used to have the top/bottom text.
just saying and yes I've said it before.
is that what you Meant Marie? or am i off somewhere?

Yes, exactly Sally thank you so much for explaining it better then I could it's been awhile I've been anywhere near a forum. :)

Thank you so much for your help Casey that actually reminded me from past forums on how I used to get around, things are slowly coming back to me.Imagelol

Gonna go try that then thanks Andrew!

Yeah,........... I think I'll go with Casey's idea! ;)