Board layout+colors

Author Comment

I've redirected some people here but all were taken aback from the blinding whiteness.

Is there any chance to darken this board a wee bit to make it easier on potential eyes? Image

Meow!

Admin

New skin on it's way. Image

Interesting! I don't notice any blinding whiteness.

andrew wrote:New skin on it's way. Image
Exciting! Please remember to rest in between!

Admin

I wish! Image

Hi everyone.  I really like the message portion of the skin to be totally white.  LOL!!  That is because I love graphics and no other color, no matter how pale, can do them all justice.

Where are the members seeing the "blinding whiteness"? Image

Admin

The background is actually #F0F4FA

1992casey wrote:Where are the members seeing the "blinding whiteness"? Image

That's what I was wondering? Do they have their computer settings different than ours?  It looks soft to me.

I would guess that those who have bright screens are feeling the white background much harder than those that don't.

Admin

Sherry, it is pale blue.

Just as soon as I find the time I will work on the new skin. Darker and green. More restful. Image

Is the whiteness issue outside of the blue areas rather than within the areas with light blue backgrounds?

Obviously, the current issue is going to be irrelevant with the new skin; I'm just curious. Image

The background is blue? O-o

I see it as white...

I find it depends which monitor I'm using.
On my laptop it is definitely a light blue background but on my stand alone monitor it looks much whiter.

[b wrote:1992casey[/b]]Where are the members seeing the "blinding whiteness"? Image

I wouldn't call it "blinding" but yes I see all white!
... no I'm not one of those that complained to Shery, I just asked andrew, why there weren't any lines separating postersImage

I see pale blue in the posted messages and I love the simple colors here less distracting from the content but a white skin (white like it has) could be a color other than white.. wouldn't bother me one way or the other

I see the pale blue as soft and restful.  I prefer white for message areas purely for displaying graphics on.

I agree QueenFoxy, I think it's nice and soft here. Even if Andrew changes it to green someone may find fault with that. It's hard to please everyone when we all use different computers, browsers, etc.

Location: Orange County, Calif. (near Disneyland and Los Angeles)

The board seems very bright to me, too.  Yes, I see the pale blue -- but it's bright nonetheless.

It may depend on which browser your using too. I see a very pale blue. It doesn't bother me.