FireFox Crashed

Author Comment

If you right-click alongside the help menu (on the same level as file, edit, view etc) you can untick things to get rid of some of the toolbars, and it will increase your viewing area :)

But if you don't use search toolbars and other dross, it is probably better to disable or delete them, rather than have them running and doing nothing for you.

thank you Paul,
it looks better. :)
the one thing tho is to delete the navigation bar makes one of the icons i like to click on to bring me home to the aol page but when i keep it, i still get another search tool in the AOL home page.
so that makes 2 search bars and one place that i type my preferences in. what do you call it?
soo, anyway, it looks much better now.
thanks again.

Admin

Same principle: right-click and then customize. Drag the icons around to suit yourself. Click done when finished rearranging.

What concerns me is the fact that you have all these present. The less you have, the better it works.

Let's try and identify these:
file, edit, view, etc. at the very top. Menu Bar
under that is where this threads subject is shown. ???1
then i see where i type one letter and i guess its my favorite sites comes up. ???2
then to the side of that is aol search ???3
then under that is , most visited, getting started, customize links, free hotmail, windows, my ISP, down right now. Bookmarks Toolbar
under that is trend micro toolbar Proprietary
under that is AOL, Edit, craigs list icon, 3 more icons and, the date, weather andddd after that it has another white space with 'search the web". ???4

1,2&3 may be the navigation toolbar.
4 sounds like another proprietary toolbar that I have no clue about. If you do not use this, it would be best uninstalled.

Honestly, with that mess, I would suggest that if you continue to have issues with certain sites, you should backup your profile and perform a complete clean reinstall of Firefox. A clean install means you would lose everything and have to restore only the things that you want. I doubt simply creating a new profile will resolve all.

sighs. i noticed that when i started FF again all the stuff i had hidden showed up again.
Andrew said "Honestly, with that mess, I would suggest that if you continue to have issues with certain sites, you should backup your profile and perform a complete clean reinstall of Firefox. A clean install means you would lose everything and have to restore only the things that you want. I doubt simply creating a new profile will resolve all."

i am not able to do anything like that at this time. i just can't get my mind to be in your mind.
mind you (;)) that this is just an inconvenience for me and i do not need a "cleaner" than i have screen. i just wanted to know what was up with all the new crap.
in time i will do what you suggested.
thank you

Admin

Try a reset first: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... t-problems

-----

See the following page for instructions about backing up your profile and restoring certain data from that backup: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Re ... %20profile

See this page for a complete uninstall: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_firefox

Note: in this instance you must check the checkbox to "Remove my Firefox personal data and customizations".

Reinstall the normal way and you will end up with a clean Firefox.

-----

I do not recommend replacing places.sqlite. I suggest you backup and restore bookmarks instead: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... -move-them

Reason: I suspect places.sqlite is where this random site issue originates.

>: FF crashed while i was in yahoo mail. a pop up said when i click to restart ff it will send a report to them.
is this a hoax ?

Admin

Likely not. Read the full text of the message. There should also be an option to opt out of sending the crash report.

Doesn't surprise me. That is one of the reasons I stopped using Yahoo! mail. (not the crashes but the resource use when using (or after having used) Yahoo! mail pages)

i did read it. i do not think there was an opt out. there were two choices.
i forget what the other one was. something like to restart.
i will try the mail again and see what happens.
i also read the report but of course i do not know what any of it means.

oh so that's why i do not get any replies .

Admin

Mozilla Crash Reporter

To disable: Tools > Options > Advanced > Data Choices

You'll likely want to uncheck all on that page and click OK.

i did, thank you.

:lol I just realized I really am a busy bee on here with FF! :eek