- Scientists at the Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics in Germany have created a 'holodeck'
- The Star-Trek inspired technology allows users to walk in a virtual room
- Team used a homemade wireless Oculus Rift headset for the experience
- Motion technology is attached to the headset and tracked by cameras
- Subjects can then move in a virtual room designed by the team
more at the Daily Mail
It has taken a lot longer than I expected but I am pleased to see this concept coming to life. It is set to be revolutionary and in time, I expect many two dimensional screens will fall by the wayside.
What do you think TV will be like in the future? Movies?
What could it do for things like a lunch break at work? Could this improve the quality and quantity of production in that sort of setting?
It will be interesting to see how it develops.