screen resolution

Author Comment

how to i change it?
AoL updated or something the other day and it messed up the whole look of my screen.
yahoo mail said my screen resolution was too big and wouldn't look normal. i forget what size it said to fix it at because i went around looking to how to fix it to what they recommended. :o
8o
i found it. 1024-768
is that not good?
what should it be set at and how the heck did it change its self?

okay i think i did it myself.
1280x1024
it looks better. i will see in time.

Admin

More the reason for not letting AOhelL anywhere near a PC. 2 decades on and they are still messing them up!

yeah now you tell me
it still doesn't look right.
i changed the resolution again and the font size.
I'm thinking of making my homepage to something else. i don't want to mess up but this is ridiculous.
maybe i should restore?

1024 x 600 is the number yahoo mail recommends. i do not have 600 so i put 768.

Admin

The answer is that it depends on your monitor. Your optimal setting is your monitor's native setting.

(Seriously, I will NOT fix a PC with AOhelL on it. It is not worth the trouble because it will never be right. Format and reinstall is the way to go and NEVER let AOhelL near it again.)

its still not to my satisfaction.
i don't know how to "format or reinstall " stuff good enough to try it. i would just mess up more.

thanks Andrew for your input.

Admin

Find the manual for your monitor and it will tell you in that. Failing that (usual), get the model number and Google for the spec. Once you know what the native resolution is, you can set your display properties to it.