dll file missing

Author Comment

Andrew my Animation shop says I am missing this file
PCDLIB32.dll
How do I get it free and without virus registry downloads to get it?

Admin

Reinstall Animation Shop?

I could email you the file but you did not respond to the last email I sent (ages ago), so I may not have your current address.

I was with no internet. I am back..
Fixed the PC. but AS doesn't open all images
Please send dill file
email address ***removed***
Please delete here when you get this message

Yes I had to install AS new when I got PC back. The hard drive was replaced

Admin

Doesn't make sense. PCDLIB32.dll is a part of Animation Shop. If you installed AS, then you should have that file, unless your anti-virus software interfered with the installation, in which case, it will interfere again, no matter what you try.

I suggest taking your PC offline, disable your Anti-Virus, uninstall Animation Shop, reboot, make sure your Anti-virus is still disabled, install Animation Shop, re-enable your anti-virus, then you can go back online.

I suggest this way because if one part is affected, then there is every chance more is, so get it right from the start. There should be no need to add DLLs.

Sorry to hear about your hard drive. Unfortunately, people buy large hard drives and expect them to last. The truth is that most drives over 500GB will likely fail within 3 years, while most drives less than 500MB will last 5-10 years.

If I get a chance, I will email you the Animation Shop installer tomorrow (as well as that DLL), in case your installation file got chewed by something (like your AV). With any luck though, you may be back in business by then.

Thanks Andrew I love that you are always here for me!
Please can you delete or hide my previous message with my email address.

Unfortunately, people buy large hard drives and expect them to last. The truth is that most drives over 500GB will likely fail within 3 years, while most drives less than 500MB will last 5-10 years.

I think 256GB is the sweet spot for internal PC/Mac storage. That gives you lots of room to maneuver. If you get any larger, your backup drives also have to be larger. Aside from potential reliability issues, the practical issue is that it takes longer to restore a full backup.

That's not to say that you can't use large drives when you need them. I have external drives that I keep synced in case something happens.

I currently have 119GB available on a 240GB drive. I might temporarily use a chunk of that extra storage for a project, especially if it involves video. But I'll move that stuff off to the external drive as soon as it's practical to do so.

?? not receiving Email.. if you already sent it

??

Admin

I guess it is getting eaten somewhere on the way. Email does not always like executables and I did zip it. I guess I can upload and send you a link.

thank you!