Photobucket unuseable these days?

Author Comment

I added the stuff in post#16 to my host file(s) t'other day, and also I reported the F12/network request figures etc to PB Support (but didn't mention my host file :) )

I tried PB this morning and observed that (and this is for BOTH the account with the temporary subscription they applied and a.n.other account)

1. The advertising crap seems to have gone (F12 network didn't bring up all of those requests) and it loaded pretty smartly

2. there appear to have been some slight changes to the page layout, that the graphic for accessing account (including logout) is missing, but hovering somewhere in the previous vicinity does bring up the menu

3. on logout the advertising crap seems to have gone (F12 network didn't bring up all of those requests) and it logged out pretty smartly

Not sure whether it is my host file that did the trick, or their changes, or a bit of both?? So test with laptop where host file unchanged ..........

Updated all laptop programs (incl FF). Laptop shows PB page unchanged. Can't use F12 because it disables wireless :\ but login and logout went smoothly even if a tad slow (ie. activity indicator revolved but no apparent activity visible)

Then checked Chromium on laptop, all that blah blah crap was visible - so host file needs updating here also and will test again.

Admin

Could have been a dodgy ad.

The requests will still be made when you add entries to the hosts file but they will all result in a 404.

See how it goes...