System Wide Caching Issues (mainly cdb1, cdb8 & cdb12)

Author Comment

Admin

If you experience disappearing and reappearing posts, the board appearing to go back in time, new post indicators not functioning correctly, then you are likely suffering the result of caching issues.

There is some quite bad caching on CDB12 at the moment. Hopefully it will settle down.  Try to get members not to double-post and limit admin actions (changes may not stick).  That is quite common at a time like this.  Board-wide announcements are reported to 'stick', so it might be a good idea to keep your members updated that way. ( community information > announcement section - checked both boxes and enter the words. Save. )

Helpful information would be board URL and server number.  To get the server number, hover the Yuku link right at the bottom of the board.  Here it is:

fl1-58-cdb12

You should submit a ticket with the information and you may link this topic if you wish.

Update:  Things seem to have settled down for now but there may be further issues over the next week as improvement work is done.

Also happening on fl1 21
I guess it's cdb 1@ and then a ton of numbers.  I submitted a ticket.

Yes, we started seeing it around 100pm ~ we're on cdb1, fl1-20 ~ I put in a ticket early this afternoon and got a response [from Chris] almost immediately that she was reporting it to the system admin ~ we've traded a few emails since then because the problem has gotten progressively worse ~ maybe 10 minutes ago, I emailed again asking for an update ~

Sooz

Admin

Well, touch wood, it might be getting better here.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Andrew ~ don't jinx us ~ Image

Sooz

Admin

I think I did! LOL

With prior message where my admin shows my version of a smilie.  Interesting that I could post at BW's site but not my own.  Was told even support had probs with cdb12 - whatever that is.  Perhaps I tried to double post before I got here to see for myself.

Admin

bwayne wrote:Image

Oh, don't give me that tone.  I didn't mean to!  Image

sooz08 wrote:Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Andrew ~ don't jinx us ~ Image

Sooz

Too late ... he did. Image

Admin

auntiem wrote:
sooz08 wrote:Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Andrew ~ don't jinx us ~ Image

Sooz

Too late ... he did. Image

I was just over at Pearl's board, she is on cdb1, and the same thing is happening there. I PM'd her that she might want to put in a ticket.

Admin

Thanks BW. She was here a while ago while it was happening but I don't see a post from her.

We could all go over to your board and party. Image

ImageImageI'm game!  Too bad you can't forward your board over to mine while they're working on yours.  I could set us up a temporary workshop....for you to work from.

It's still happening everywhere, from what I can tell. Even here. I cannot access page 2 of this topic because I am getting an "oops" page.
Our board (fl1-54 on 12) is also having issues. I was able to put a board-wide announcement in, which appears to be sticking, even though topics and posts are disappearing and reappearing willy-nilly.

I have no problems posting

8 had issues too. It looks like things have settled down now.

Hi Cedar. Oh how I've missed that little mouse. Will he/she be moving on to using more than one key soon? Image  or looking at the key, is he/she a control freak? Image

Admin

cedar wrote:It's still happening everywhere, from what I can tell. Even here. I cannot access page 2 of this topic because I am getting an "oops" page.
Our board (fl1-54 on 12) is also having issues. I was able to put a board-wide announcement in, which appears to be sticking, even though topics and posts are disappearing and reappearing willy-nilly.
I thought about doing that and then realised the skins would likely be reverting too.  Of course, I didn't consider the announcement box might actually stick.  For future reference, where did you place your announcement?

Yeah, it was happening to me last night..