Good news! [server improvements] - Yuku

Author Comment

This I received from Support:
There is hope at the end of the tunnel.  Our slowness and not being able to get into our groups and whatever else we are experiencing, real bad this last week and continuing today, it is all going to end.  It is a promise that there is an end.  We will be getting an announcement when all is done and we are flying through Yuku Land again.

Good News right!!

Pearl

Does this mean we are about to be moved away from KickApps servers to the new owner's servers? And simply a warning that January will be really slow?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe anything will be much faster than we have been used to the last year..

We have heard so many promises. So many nice words. I am more interested in seeing results. They must be getting so many tickets!

Oh I am sure they are getting many tickets Sunshine.
What is happening now with the recent slowness and whatnot, is probably the transfer to other and better servers.
That's is what I think is now happening.  This phase is suppose to last until mid January...that is just about now, real soon.
I'd like to hope that there will be better days up ahead and that this is going to be a big improvement after whatever is happening
behind the scenes is done.

That's my personal guess. 

I'm with you on that Pearl.  I believe by February, things will definitely be better.  We may not see any drastic changes....and I hope we don't see any drastic loss of amenities...but I think in the long run, things will be smoother.

I know we have to be moved since Yuku was sold. We don't know whether anything will be better. I surely hope so, but I'm not doing the happy dance until I see for myself. ;-) At least I hope it will not be worse!

hmmmm I didn't get that notice and I just payed for 3 more months on both of my groups !  It's been slow but not impossible....what upsets me is that not all the members have my patience ! lol   Guess I'd better post another warning..

No, we don't know that anything will be better.  Of course, we don't know that anything will be worse or the same either.  But I prefer to look at my glass as half full instead of half empty.  I'm an optimist, I guess.....and at this point I'm just happy Inform took us on because KA has wanted to dump us for a while now......which may be why they put us on old worn out servers and left us to muddle through.  We were not a profitable enterprise for them and their system was not increasing revenue for them.....So we will have to be prepared that Inform is not going to do the same old stuff that KA did.  They have an investment that hopefully they are going to improve for better profits......We may see some changes in the way they do things because of that....changes we are not used to, but I'm going to look on the brighter side and hope for the best!  

My fingers are crossed things will get better.
But like Sunshine, I'm not doing the happy dance yet. 

Okay, I can dance alone.  ImageImage

we don't know that anything will be better.  Of course, we don't know that anything will be worse or the same either.  But I prefer to look at my glass as half full instead of half empty
Great Attitude bwayne!Image

Alright!  We got a line dance (of two..lol) going now!  Image

pearlwisdom wrote:

This I received from Support:

We'll let everyone know when finished Image

Pearl, was this a reply to a help ticket or was it an unsolicited "Yuku Announcement" that should have been received by all board owners?  If it was an official announcement, it bothers me that such information is not being received by all.

It is a reply I received from Support about a ticket I submitted on  posts disappearing, the slowness and whatever else we have been experiencing.

A ticket I submitted.....
it was not an announcement, it was what I personally received from Support.

Another message read that they will definitely be sending out an announcement to everyone when all the work has been done. 

Whatever information I am passing on it is replies to my tickets. 
The replies seem to be positive as well as saying that there is an end coming soon for all our problems.

That is how I read the replies.  Something to look forward to.

Passing on the good news, certainly not wanting to upset anyone thinking you have been left out.
If any of you get replies to your tickets, you can add them to this thread.  We will all benefit from your replies too I am sure.

Thanks Pearl.  I think it is great to share such information here at Member Support.  I certainly appreciate having this board for that purpose. 

I know that many of us never received the official announcement that Yuku had been sold to Inform by KA.  Hopefully, they will include us all next time.

I have an open mind ... my glass is 3/4's full because I took a couple of sips
I'm in for the Happy Dance ... that makes three

ImageImageImage

Chris sent me that reply ages ago, end of December i think when i was waiting for a problem to be solved, which still isnt solved...!! so gave up.
I am at, dont care stage...lol...Image...our group is loosing members daily, they still miss the old MSN days and just cant hack the constant slowness and double posting and all the stuff that is happening now...we checked our member list and we now down to 38...and thats scary, and to be honest i dont think we will get them back, i just think the days of groups are coming to and end

I hear you, Jayne. My cup is full of broken promises from the last three years. LOL

I absolutely believe in being positive. Or I wouldn't have been here at all. But I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. I am probally one of the few that didn't bother to submit any ticket about the slowness this month. I'm sure they know about it and I don't want to tie up their time.

I dont submit tickets at all now, and i havent heard of anyone else submitting many either, they either come here or Zans Zone and a couple of other support forums, i am trying to be positive honest...lol...but its hard when members are leaving daily

Lynnie wrote:

I have an open mind ... my glass is 3/4's full because I took a couple of sips
I'm in for the Happy Dance ... that makes three

ImageImageImage

FORE!  or 4 as in bwayne, little elf, Lynnie and ME
I do not do art work but to me yuku has been more responsive than that talking wall place .  /s/ Gart2 

I believe groups are suffering and have been for a very long time.  I saw the downturn with the initiation of new profiles when we were split along profile lines.